1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

is there an app for this

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by BillyBoo, Dec 28, 2013.

1. BillyBoo

BillyBoo Newbie
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    Does anyone know if there is an app or software for the task I need to do. I have a Samsung s3 mini I use the calender app on it to keep a track of my rota, I would like to synch this calendar with the outlook calendar on my computer and the synch this with calendar on my nexus 7 is this possible. I'm currently trialling my phone explorer but it is duplicating all my entries and I can't solve the issue, so wondered if there is any other way. Don't really want to use the Google calendar.

Advertisement

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    Hi Billy. I just wanted to let you know I moved this to the Applications forum for a more broad exposure and better ideas. Good Luck.:)

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

It should sync to your Nexus 7 automatically if you are syncing the calendar to Google. That is, when you enter a new event, you enter it into your Google account and not "My Calendar" in the S3 mini's calendr app.

For Outlook on PC you need a program called Google Calendar Sync installed on your computer so it will sync your Google Calendar to Outlook.

4. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    I also use MyPhoneExplorer and don't have duplication propblems. You do know about their support forums at ... FJ Software :: Forum anzeigen - English section ... ? There are several threads about duplicated entries - don't know if you've already asked there.

In your situation I would use Outlook as your 'master' copy and ensure that the option (on the PC Client) to 'Show confirmation window before MPE makes any changes' is ticked (In file> Settings > Sync > (evnts and tasks) Advanced ). Also ensure (same settings window) that the correct 'sync' is set up (i.e. which way the sync goes) and also, on your phone, which calendar(s) the events are getting populated. Related to this, which calendar(s) are being displayed (check your phone calendar settings). Also whether you're sync'ing with the Google account on the phone (not a problem0 and that is still set to sync with your gmail (I use the Google account to sync to but turn OFF the online sync).

HTH

5. BillyBoo

BillyBoo Newbie
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    Its all gettin messy trying to sort duplicate synching issue, so, is there a calendar app I can load on my s3 mini and nexus 7 then use the s3 mini as main calendar to add and delete then just copy the calendar file across to nexus7 so having a duplicate of calendar so to speak. So no synching issue but no outlook calendar on computer unless calendar can then be imported to outlook calendar.
    Well after a small amount of surfing found Jorte calender, on play store, has anybody any info on this whether it good \ bad looks like an easier way than what I currently have, can synch tablet with phone using there cloud system, might be the way to go.

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

Any calendar app you get on the play storr will just be an interface change. They will all be using the same mechanism for sync.

Maybe I can walk you through it step by step. I have been syncing my calendar across 5 places for a couple of years now (phone, tablet, Outlook on PC, Google and Outlook.com) so I sort of know what I'm doing. Where is your main calendar currently? Is it the one on your PC or on your phone?

7. BillyBoo

BillyBoo Newbie
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    Thanks, getting very annoyed as now got 4 of every event on tablet calendar, this is how I have been doing it.
    Main calendar is on phone, using s planner this is where I put events and alter them
    I then synch this with outlook 2007 via kies.
    I then synch outlook with my tablet via my phone explorer, I use stock calendar app on tablet.
    I don't alter any events on tablet calendar or in outlook just on phone as I thought it would be easier and less hassle this way.

8. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    Why use Kies for one and MPE for the other? I would use MPE for both and ensure you have checked all the things I mentioned above.

Dave

9. BillyBoo

BillyBoo Newbie
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    No particular reason, never used calendar apps before, so when I started using this is how I found out to do it, didn't know of other ways. Now with MPE duplicating all my events i' m reluctant to carry on using, have looked at forum for MPE but no solution has sorted issue.

10. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    I don't think it's MPE doing the duplicating (though it could be of course). Me thinks it's something to do with the sync'ing you're trying to do between 3 devices and the way each sync is set up. For example, one way only with 2 devices but 2 ways with the others. You need to get one device to act as the master here and get that cleaned up then ensure that all are set to the correct time/date/timezone. ensure all the basics are there first. Once you have a 'master', try synhc'ing with just one of the others and get that right to iron out the process and only then try to get all 3 to be the same.

Dave

11. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

Ah, I see where the problem is why you have duplicates. Kies syncs the 'My Calendar' section of your phone. It's the Samsung default storage. MPE syncs the Google Calendar. So when this happens, when you sync, you are actually syncing 2 different calendars to your phone.

Just to check, get to a PC, open your Google account then check your Google Calendar what events are there.

12. BillyBoo

BillyBoo Newbie
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    Google calendar shows duplicate events

13. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

Is there a place where there are no duplicate events? Or are all devices showing duplicate events?

I would suggest to stop using Kies to sync to Outlook, as it does not recognize the same calendar data as MPE.

Are you aversed to having your calendar on the cloud? Or would it be fine?

14. BillyBoo

BillyBoo Newbie
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    S planner on phone only showing 1 event for each, prob because I haven't synch it since the multiple event issue started. Not really thought about cloud, just need copy of same calendar on tablet and phone and one that if i add /change one calender it will change other aftet synchong, having it on outlook would be nice.

15. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

Well what I do to have it on all devices and sync is to use Google Calendar as the master.

First thing you do is access Google Calendar on a PC and then delete everything so you can start from scratch. Or you can delete every double, whichever you prefer. Any edit you do over there should affect your tablet.

For Outlook, simply download the software called Google Calendar Sync (I'm on a phone so I can't link) and run it. It should then sync your Google Calendar to your Outlook on PC.

On your S3mini, open S Planner then go to settings. Turn off My Calendar, then activate your Google Calendar. This would then reflect the Google master calendar from the internet and your Nexus.

Once setup like this, everything is already automatically syncing via internet. They would update every time the device gets connected via mobile data or wifi.

16. BillyBoo

BillyBoo Newbie
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    So total blank online Google calendar
    Download Google synch to comp run it it will then copy Google calendar to outlook so outlook will be blank
    Then in s planner untick my calendar and set up Google calendar on phone, how do I do this,
    If I do this will it not blank my calendar on phone, as Google one will be blank.

17. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

It will blank your S3mini calendar, but it shouldn't matter. Use Kies to sync the Samsung Calendar to Outlook, which will populate it. The PC program will then send it to Google, so Google and Outlook will have the same Calendar with no duplicates. Then disable My Calendar on the phone and then activate Google Calendar. Make sure you are online. This will download all entries from Google. Do the same for your tablet. No physical connections to PC. Now, they will sync and update each other once you connect to internet.

18. BillyBoo

BillyBoo Newbie
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    Sorry now got my self a bit confused.
    1 blank online Google calendar via PC, this will synch Google calendar with tablet one so blanking calander on tablet
    2 download Google outlook synch program and run it, it will then synch outlook and Google calander, in effect blanking outlook.
    3 synch via kies s planner and outlook so re populating outlook which will re populate Google calendar and so tablet.
    4 on s planner untick my calander and tick Google email account which will synch s planner with Google calander.
    Is this right

19. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

Yes that's correct.

20. BillyBoo

BillyBoo Newbie
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    Thanks for advice, I take it once I do the above I can bin kies. Can I check that once I sort calanders out if I add or change an event on phone calander it will automatically update Google calander which in turn will update tablet and outlook.

21. BillyBoo

BillyBoo Newbie
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    Do you know if there is a way to delete multiple events in google calander, deleting one at a time is going to be time consuming, can't find mention in google help. Also do you have a link for PC synch software cant seem to find it

22. SkyJackpot

SkyJackpot Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 25, 2012
  23. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

By multiple events, do you mean multiple events in series or just everything? Not sure. However you can activate sync between Outlook and Google first before deleting anything, then deleting everything on Outlook will also delete everything on Google.

Google Calendar Sync - Download

24. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

By multiple events, do you mean multiple events in series or just everything? Not sure. However you can activate sync between Outlook and Google first before deleting anything, then deleting everything on Outlook will also delete everything on Google.

Google Calendar Sync - Download

25. BillyBoo

BillyBoo Newbie
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    Thanks for link, meant all events in calander so outlook and Google calanders are blank. As I know the s planner calander is correct, I was going to blank outlook and Google then synch s planner with outlook via kies, then I don't need kies anymore, outlook will then populate Google. So today is the day I try this all and hopefully get my calander sorted.