1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Is there an app: Go to Homescreen / Last Task

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by polstein, Feb 25, 2011.

1. polstein

polstein Member
    None

Dec 23, 2010
    I'm playing with different apps that do shortcuts to favs/tasks/whatevers.

Some have the ability to have a favorite to 'go to home screen'. Some have the ability to jump to your last active program/task (especially good when you are hopping back & forth between 2 programs).

..but some don't have either. So it occurs to me that if an app existed that did nothing but run app -> takes you to home screen or run app -> last task then I could just assign a gesture/favorite to those programs.

No having much luck searching appbrain for them. Anyone know one I'm missing?

Advertisement

2. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

Aug 21, 2010
    Male
    Infrastructure Engineer
    Ohio
    Pressing and holding the home button will bring up the last 6-8 apps used.

3. polstein

polstein Member
    None

Dec 23, 2010
    It sure will. And pressing the home button will.. well bring you to home :)

Also my Desire HD nand build also allow recent apps from the notification pull down.

But in this case I'm looking to call them from an app so I can fire them from Gesture Launcher (Download Gesture Launcher for your Android phone on AppBrain) [btw, 2 apps called Gesture Launcher, but appbrain only finds 1 of them].

GL does not support home nor last task (at this time), so I'm trying to fake it.

If I wind up using GL all the time, I'd like to do everything from it, and not use GL for Favorites, Home key for Home and press-hold Home (or pull down) for recent. I want to go to the same place every time.

(thanks for the reply, though - dunno if everyone knows the hold home trick)

4. polstein

polstein Member
    None

Dec 23, 2010
    Combo 1 time bump + add on:

Add to the request list an app to just shut down the phone. I see a few screen offs, but no shutdown. I also read a reference to shutting the phone off to be something restricted, even for a rooted user, but dunno if that is true.

(btw, Gesture program working pretty well - except while HTC Mail is running. Dunno why it doesn't get along with that program - but that's for another thread)

5. Rob.G

Rob.G Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 15, 2010
    Male
    United Stated
    For the shutdown issue, it depends on the phone that you have, but you will have to be rooted for any of them to work.
    Quick boot
    Tasker with the Locale Execute plugin
    As a matter of fact, Tasker can probably accomplish the rest of what you are trying to do. Download it from the developer's site and you get a 7-day free trial. That should give you long enough to test it out.