1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Is there an app that allows text forwarding/interception?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by TheColdOne, Jan 7, 2012.

1. TheColdOne

TheColdOne Lurker
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    I have a convenience issue. Right now I use my T-Mobile Nexus S for it's number as well as Google Voice's (voice and texting), but I also have a Verizon Windows Mobile Phone (my parent's plan with no data) that I have completely separated from my Android. I currently COULD have that number forward to my GV (and therefore, my android phone), but is there an app that allows the same to be done with Texts?

I've tried some of those "free worldwide texts over data" apps, but even after registering the verizon number, as well as verifying it with the code sent, the texting doesn't seem to take.

If I could find an app that did this, I could do everything from my Android phone, including texting (which is free anyways, I would just be able to do all texting from my android, not android AND windows mobile).

Somehow this seems like it may not be possible at all. I just figured that since these apps could intercept SMS messages on an Android phone and use purely data, it could feasibly do it with a phone number not associated with the Android phone.

Advertisement