1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is there an app that automatically fixes music file tags, artists, songs etc???

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by TwinSnails, Apr 19, 2012.

1. TwinSnails

TwinSnails Lurker

Hey guys. I've searched around and can't find an app that will automatically look through your music files and fix those that have missing artists, song names or where the artist is actually in the song name area. Perhaps something that will compare the file against a database and automatically correct the tags with proper artist, song etc?

I have an HTC Evo and use doubletwist with about 1100 songs on my 32gb micro sd card.

Does such an app exist?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert

I typically use Media Monkey on my PC before I move songs to my device. I use N7 Player, and it has a good tag editing option for anything that looks wrong. I also used iTag - Music Tag Editor - Android app on AppBrain in the past, but didn't seem to work as well as the one built into N7.

3. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

I've got over 3500 songs on a 32GB card on my Desire HD and recently went through the whole lot doing what you want to do. However, I did it manually using mp3tags on my PC. I would think that any database that exists would only have tags for songs ripped from CDs and they would rely on the 'ripper' getting all the tags right in the first place. This isn't a given as a lot of mine were incomplete and I found some that were just plain wrong! I also have a fair few songs that have been transferred from vinyl to the PC then converted to mp3 format.

It's not actually that onerous a task once you get the hang of the tags software you decide to use. Do a few albums each day and you'll soon be through the lot. Just plan on getting the tags right first time when you get more vibes.

HTH

Dave

4. Markjones

Markjones Member

I too update all of my MP3's on my laptop (using MP3TAG) before I transfer them to my phone...I am not aware of an Android app that will do this

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I organise my library with Media Monkey and then clean up the tags with The GodFather. It does have some batch update functionality, but strangely not for all the main types of tags you probably want to clean up, so it can be a bit of a manual.