• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

is there an app that locks your phone?

Lock 2.0 and LockBot both have security options if you want. What phone are you using? I assumed most had some security option on the lock screen. The HTC Hero has a pattern unlock feature (which I hate), and I assumed others had either a pin or pattern unlock as well.

Upvote 0
Another great app that will lock your phone is WaveSecure Beta. In addition to locking the phone, WaveSecure Beta can also help you track your phone if is lost or stolen, backup everything on your phone in case of a lost or destroyed phone, and remotely wipe your phone's memory.

The feature I like the most about its lock feature over other apps is the fact that the lock is comprised of a six-digit pin vs a four-digit pin.

Upvote 0
Another great app that will lock your phone is WaveSecure Beta. In addition to locking the phone, WaveSecure Beta can also help you track your phone if is lost or stolen, backup everything on your phone in case of a lost or destroyed phone, and remotely wipe your phone's memory.

The feature I like the most about its lock feature over other apps is the fact that the lock is comprised of a six-digit pin vs a four-digit pin.

Hi Pavirotten,
Thanks for the recommendation! We are happy to let you know that tenCube is currently offering an unlimited lifetime account for Android users, free!

Just download WaveSecure before 31st Jan 2010 from Android Market and you will be able to enjoy a free WaveSecure service for as long as you use that Android device.

It's our way of saying thank you for making ADC2 win possible. Do spread the word to other Android users so they can benefit from it too!

Also, if you can join us on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/wavesecure, it would be awesome!

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure

Upvote 0
Lock 2.0 and LockBot both have security options if you want. What phone are you using? I assumed most had some security option on the lock screen. The HTC Hero has a pattern unlock feature (which I hate), and I assumed others had either a pin or pattern unlock as well.

I purchased & downloaded Lock 2.0 and it was such a mess I removed it from my Eris. There is this vampire-like avatar on the lock screen which is not what I want. Once I installed a numerical unlock code, every time I hit the menu button I got directed to the unlock switch with the necessity to enter the password. Once done, I was out of Lock. :mad: There doesn't seem to be any way to change your configuration choice once you have installed it.

Bye bye Lock!

Anyone have an app that is better designed than this?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones