1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Is there an app to disable screen shots?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by K-Rizzle, May 6, 2015.

1. K-Rizzle

K-Rizzle Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 21, 2009
    SAHM
    Florida
    My phones power button and volume button are right next to each other, I'm constantly taking screen shots by accident. Is there an app to prevent/disable screen shots?

Advertisement

2. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

Jan 7, 2012
    Male
    Electrical Engineer
    I kind of doubt it can be disabled, but it's probably phone specific.

what phone do you have ?
    are you rooted?

3. K-Rizzle

K-Rizzle Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 21, 2009
    SAHM
    Florida
    Not rooted no, I have a BLU studio energy. I just got it so I'm not looking to root just yet. I save rooting until the phone no longer qualifies for software updates.

4. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

Jan 7, 2012
    Male
    Electrical Engineer
    The question was posted on xda over a month ago and unfortunately there's no response. That doesn't bode well for your chances of finding a solution
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/blu-studio-energy-screenshot-hotkeys-t3072898

funkylogik, Mikestony and KOLIO like this.
  5. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Found a similar inquiry @ AndroidCentral,same/same,no real way to disable (at least w/o root).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-4-4-kitkat/510912-disable-screenshot-all-together.html

The suggestion in the link to find a case that makes depressng the buttons a bit more difficult would probably work,especially if you alter the case & cut-out one of the button covers on the case,to where the buttons are not flush w/each other.
    I'm about ready to do this w/my HTC ONE M9 & NEXUS 6 cases,as the buttons are too close to each other & find myself depressing the wrong button constantly.

funkylogik and Mikestony like this.
  6. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    If you're going to use a case,something like this will most likely prevent accidental screenshots:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transparent...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item35e8b73608
    [​IMG]
    Or,as I previously mentioned,alter a case that you prefer,but,does not have the button(s) cut-out.

I altered the bumper case on my HTC ONE M9 yesterday,by removing the power button cover on the case (a small chisel or flat-blade X-Acto knife will do the trick):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If your case has a slim profile/thin walls,touching the buttons through the cut-outs shouldn't be a problem.
    If the case walls are a little on the thick side, a little more effort might be needed (a fingernail will work perfectly).
    Either way,these suggestions should take care of the accidental screenshots.

No doubt phone designers/engineers think having the buttons all on one side/side-by-side gives a sleeker look.
    However,IMHO,this is one school of thought where form over function has gone wrong.I'd rather have the buttons split-up,don't care which goes where,as muscle memory will take care of that.

funkylogik likes this.