• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

is there an app to let me know i have new phone messages?

Hi and welcome to the forums.

On my Droid when I have a phone message the little green led in the upper right hand corner blinks. I have also installed Handcent and I have it blinking blue if I have a text message... pretty cool, if you ask me.

There is a TON of information on this forum. Take some time and just read through the different forums and you will get a handle on what the phone is capable of. Also, search works great, I would recommend you use that too.

I got my phone just before Christmas and I have been poking around here since. If I find something that sounds cool, I try it. If I don't like it I remove it. If I have trouble with it... I do a search or go to the developers site. Don't get frustrated, just take your time and enjoy.

Have fun and congrats on the new phone.
~S
:D

Upvote 0
Check out the app Missed Call. It lets you set the LED notification colors, vibrate notifications, and notification tones for each program as well as by user. So, for example, my boyfriend gets a different color LED notification and vibrate pattern from anyone else for when he calls/texts me, so I don't even have to turn on my screen to know that a message is from him.

It's pretty darn slick. :)

Upvote 0
Check out the app Missed Call. It lets you set the LED notification colors, vibrate notifications, and notification tones for each program as well as by user. So, for example, my boyfriend gets a different color LED notification and vibrate pattern from anyone else for when he calls/texts me, so I don't even have to turn on my screen to know that a message is from him.

It's pretty darn slick. :)
i have a question. i just downloaded that missed call for android 2.0 app. i put the settings how i wanted but now when i get a text my message tone (it's droid) goes droid-droid. I says droid once for the message but now it says droid a second time because now in my status bar i have one icon showing i have a message, and another icon (im assuming from the missed call app) that tells me i have a message. any ideas how to change this?

Upvote 0
i have a question. i just downloaded that missed call for android 2.0 app. i put the settings how i wanted but now when i get a text my message tone (it's droid) goes droid-droid. I says droid once for the message but now it says droid a second time because now in my status bar i have one icon showing i have a message, and another icon (im assuming from the missed call app) that tells me i have a message. any ideas how to change this?

Yeah--go into Messaging (or whatever your default messaging app is) and go to Settings, then turn off notifications there. They'll all go through Missed Call instead (so the notification icon will be different too, just so you know.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones