1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is there an app to toggle the pattern lockscreen?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EdNerd, Dec 13, 2013.

1. EdNerd

EdNerd Well-Known Member

Is there an app that will toggle the lockscreen with pattern? There are times - driving in the car and sitting at home, to name two - when it would be great to toggle off my pattern lockscreen so I just grab the phone and silence an alarm or such. And then simply tap a widget or app shortcut to reinstate the lockscreen and previous pattern without having to go back through the settings.

I'm on Verizon in the US with 4.1.2.

Ed

(I did find an old thread that apparently went ignored:
    http://androidforums.com/android-applications/352032-app-toggle-security-pattern-pin-screen.html
    Hopefully there's newer information or possibilities??)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AMDXP

AMDXP Member

You can use Tasker plus you have to use the addon Secure Settings. You must be rooted. You could create a task that disables your pattern lock while connected to your home Wi-Fi. Create another for when your connected to power.
    I want to warn you if your looking for a simple app this is not it. This is a powerful app that can allow you to control many aspects of your phone. Be prepared to be confused. Read the online documentation , read through some of the "tasks". If your somewhat technically inclined you will pick it up and controlling automating things with your phone!

My personal favorite is the task that check to see if I'm moving faster than 5 mph assumes I'm driving texts that not only am I driving but how fast I'm going!

3. EdNerd

EdNerd Well-Known Member

That sounds powerful indeed, but I'm hoping there's a non-root solution.

Ed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews