1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

is there an easy way of adding contact photos?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by randysoto, Nov 8, 2009.

1. randysoto

randysoto Active Member

Nov 8, 2009
    hello..im new to the droid community..my other winmo phone had spb mobile 3 and there was a feature that took facebook pics and set them as the contact pic..is there a way to do that instead of taking pics? thanks

Advertisement

2. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    engineer
    The South
    There's an option to download facebook contacts (all) and I think just "matching entries". It has updated the pic for all of those contacts in my list!

3. ibjamin12

ibjamin12 Member

Nov 8, 2009
    click facebook app > be sure to be in the home screen that gives you options on what to look at and do i.e. news feeds friends, take a photo > click the menu button on the phone (button with 4 lines) > settings > sync contacts > Sync with existing contacts

4. digitard

digitard Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Also make sure if you're going to match Facebook users with their regular contacts you have that the names match exactly.

If they don't match to the T in your address book it wont merge them and you'll get duplicate entries since technically they're different contacts.

5. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow!

Nov 6, 2009
    Male
    Yewwtah!
    I already painstakingly went through one contact at a time and copied and pasted each one to match exactly in OutLook for my Touch Pro2 so I am hoping mine will all sync properly tomorrow :D fingers crossed!

6. digitard

digitard Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    At first mine showed 2 entries in my contact list, but after a few texts and calls back/forth to my wife it figured it out and merged them. So best of luck to you.