• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is there an email app that displays HTML and works w/ exchnage??

TT_Vert

Jun 4, 2010
Basically I get some rich HTML emails that do not display correctly on my EVO. Is there some client that I can use that will display them properly?

Here is a sample email that I cannot view on my evo:
email.jpg

Thanks much

Dave

Basically I get some rich HTML emails that do not display correctly on my EVO. Is there some client that I can use that will display them properly?

Here is a sample email that I cannot view on my evo:
email.jpg

Thanks much

Dave

Dave,
I work as a software engineer and director of Technology for my firm. Could you send me a sample of this email to my email addyy this way i can do some testing and may have a solution for you. i can recieve Exchange 2007 email HTML rich in content w/ no issues.
I will PM you w/ my EMAIL addyy.
THanks.

D

Upvote 0
it seems that the native HTC client is set to plain text and it is greyed out under menu | more | settings | send & receive | message format . I tried to set up touchdown to see if it'd open that email but I get this error when trying to sync:
"your web browser is configure not to run script or doesn't supoprt script in Web pages. Check your browser settings or use a browswer that can run script."

Thanks
Dave

Upvote 0
I'm trying to come to a solution on this as I am havin the same issue. My company runs Exchange 2003 and all iPhones show html emails just fine, however, when trying to view the same email via the HTC EVO no luck, simply plain text.

Me too. Firm has Exchange 2003, and all employees have iPhones except me, I went with the EVO. All the iPhones display HTML email fine, but my EVO does not and I haven't been able to figure out a way to do it.

Upvote 0
This doesn't sound right to me. My firm has an Exchange 2003 server and all the attorneys use (hate to say the dreaded word) iPhones. The activesync client receives HTML email just fine on the iPhone, so this doesn't sound like a limitation on the Exchange server side.

update: installed Touchdown, set it to connection "Activesync only" and the checkbox for HTML email is checked. I appear to see HTML email's correct with the exception of the firm's signature block (which has a graphic which is not being displayed). Kind of pricey for a mail app though?

Upvote 0
This doesn't sound right to me. My firm has an Exchange 2003 server and all the attorneys use (hate to say the dreaded word) iPhones. The activesync client receives HTML email just fine on the iPhone, so this doesn't sound like a limitation on the Exchange server side.

update: installed Touchdown, set it to connection "Activesync only" and the checkbox for HTML email is checked. I appear to see HTML email's correct with the exception of the firm's signature block (which has a graphic which is not being displayed). Kind of pricey for a mail app though?

When you zoom out does the signature show correctly? Just curious. I notice some HTML emails format better (naturally) as I zoom out.

Upvote 0
I had this same problem today. I was able to get it to view html using a pop3 account setup by not with the EAS. This is what I did to get it to work for hotmail.

So I just did a manual setup with
Protocol: POP
Email address: username@hotmail.com
Username: username@hotmail.com
Password: ......
POP Server: pop3.live.com
Security Type: SSL
Server Port: 995

SMTP settings
Username: username@hotmail.com
password:.....
SMTP Server: smtp.live.com
Security Type: TLS
Server Port: 25

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones