• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is there any easier way to use Titanium Backup?

H

Hand76

Lets say you do a factory reset of your phone and want to put all your apps back on, you have to install each one individually with TB?

I was hoping Titanium Backup worked kind of like Nandroid in that it just restored everything on it's own, or at least install the apps on it's own without you having to sit there and click install for each one.

Am I doing something wrong?

BTW I only have the free version.

Lets say you do a factory reset of your phone and want to put all your apps back on, you have to install each one individually with TB?

I was hoping Titanium Backup worked kind of like Nandroid in that it just restored everything on it's own, or at least install the apps on it's own without you having to sit there and click install for each one.

Am I doing something wrong?

BTW I only have the free version.
menu -> batch -> backup all user apps and system data -> run the batch operation. this will backup all your info and apps.. then to restore them all, do the same thing only choose restore all apps and data

Upvote 0
My paypal account is linked to my checking so it just wrote him an instant echeck and I had my key in 10 minutes.

Was worth it.

Also TB not only reinstalls all your apps but (something I didn't know) puts them back on your homescreen where they were....

Wow!

Upvote 0
How did this work out. I like the idea of backing up my apps but I really hate having to setup a paypal account and dick around with all that jazz just to buy an app. Is there another option that is as good that I can pay for with my google account.

MyBackup does a nice job. It can do the same level backup as TB and can also restore your home screens. One or the other is a must, I bought both, if your going to flash ROMS.

As far as I can tell you can't restore home screens on ROMS that use any third party launcher for their UI though

Upvote 0
Ok well that is cool, just something about paypal that bugs me. What does the full version of TB do that the free one doesn't? If I do a batch and do a full backup and then full restore isn't that pretty good.

Also if I buy apps from the Market can I just download them again or do I have to purchase them again if they are lost?

Upvote 0
My paypal account is linked to my checking so it just wrote him an instant echeck and I had my key in 10 minutes.

Was worth it.

Also TB not only reinstalls all your apps but (something I didn't know) puts them back on your homescreen where they were....

Wow!

i didn't know that it did the homescreen too. very cool.

i also paid and am stoked. i didn't get my key in 10 mins but i did get it quickly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones