1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is there any facebook widget that won't burn through my battery like thermite?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vtroid5, Aug 11, 2010.

1. vtroid5

vtroid5 Well-Known Member

I've been trying puremessenger with updates every 3 hours but it still seems to be burning through battery quick. Anyone have suggestions?

2. tdse

tdse Well-Known Member

3. Rick607

Rick607 Member

I agree with tdse... I tried a couple of apps and like the shortcut route better.

4. mahers

mahers Android Expert

+1

5. ekyle

ekyle Android Expert

I use the official facebook app's widget. I don't let it auto update, i just refresh it when i'm looking at it. No real battery drain that I've noticed.

6. Zumi

Zumi Android Enthusiast

+1 for this method as well

7. imronburgundy

imronburgundy Android Enthusiast

As do I, plus you have access to the full site if you need to do things you can't do with the mobile app.

8. Stealthman

Stealthman Android Enthusiast

I just use the web version of fb, the phone is so fast on the web that it works great, I've deleted the fb app

9. vtroid5

vtroid5 Well-Known Member

I was just trying the widget, but it seems to still update itself even when I have refresh set to never? I think the shortcut to the mobile site may be my best bet for now.

10. gotmydroidx

gotmydroidx Member

+1 for the mobile site

11. john0821

john0821 Android Enthusiast

I had the Facebook app after the latest update. I had it set to manual refresh. The only time it will self-start is when I get an inbox or an event invite on Facebook. I think this is because Facebook is attached to my Messenger app so if I receive an inbox, FB starts with it. I know when I had a widget on a homepage, FB would just self start on its own, so I had to get that removed. Once FB is on, it is a battery hog even if it isn't updating. I've had to remove the app and do the shortcut/bookmark method as well.

12. ekyle

ekyle Android Expert

Hm. At least for me Spare Parts says otherwise

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews