1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Is there any GPS Navigation app using gpx pls help..

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by deepan, Feb 28, 2011.

1. deepan

deepan Lurker
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    I have a GPX file of route from destination A to destination B is there any offline navigation app were i can import the same gpx file and use it for navigation from my current location C to the end destination B as in the gpx file... pls help me out :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Advertisement

2. Harry2

Harry2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    I use ViewRanger for outdoor navigation (hiking).
    I would import the gpx file in ViewRanger.
    Then I would use my actual location and would create a route with ViewRanger to that end destination.
    ViewRanger GPS Free Trial - Android

Harry

3. deepan

deepan Lurker
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    thanks mate i will give it a try..is the navigation offline type navigation.. once we upload the gpx file..

4. Harry2

Harry2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    ViewRanger is an offline navigation, the maps are on the SD card.
    Copy the gpx file on the SD card and import it to ViewRanger.

As I heard, some car navigation apps, like CoPilot, works with gpx too.
    But the gpx file had to convert in the special CoPilot format (with the PC).

Harry

5. clunkercar01

clunkercar01 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    England
    trekbuddy is an awesome offline program I have been using for years and works on my android. It has offline maps which you can make yourself too.

It s really simple process on trekbuddy to do what you are asking. You just put your A to B gpx file in the tracks folder. Start your GPS and get a lock. Then in trekbuddy you would scroll down the list of waypoints which will show up when you open the gpx file and simple pick the very last waypoint which in your case should be location B and then click navigate to/navigate along.

Its that simple.

Of course it will guide you to location B from C... but it wont be a turn by turn navigation etc like on Google navigation but it will give you a compass, show the map, allow zooming (depending on how you create your 'atlas').

For example... I did a walk one using trekbuddy and I walked very far and could not have retraced my route backto the car. So instead, I just stopped the gps logging and opened up the gpx saved file in trekbuddy, picked the first waypoint which in my situation was were I started from and where my car was parked... then I simple headed in that direction using the trekbuddy compass and occasionally looking back at the map. It was that simple and got me back to my 'A' starting point on a 'as the crow flies' route.

Hope that helps.