1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Is there any place where I can buy or download movies?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by XiongSwm, Mar 21, 2011.

1. XiongSwm

XiongSwm Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    I have an HTC Desire HD [Playback:.3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9)].

I was wondering.. Does the Android Market sell any movies? Is there any place I can download movies for my android phone? I won't mind buying movies if there is a place I can.

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    No the market does not sell any movies.

As far as video playback, android only officially supports h264 codec in an mp4 container. It definitely does not play back any windows media files. You can playback xvid/divx using the app Rock Player, but its hit or miss.

As far as purchasing movies to download directly on the phone, I havent seen any site like that. There is the Blockbuster app, which allows you to "rent" movies for one-time playback, but that's all I've seen. However, you can certainly convert your own videos and dvd's to play back on the phone, using Handbrake for the PC. If you do a search on here for Handbrake, you will find many guides that will show you how to convert them.

3. ajwconsult

ajwconsult Member
    None

4. poopookakada

poopookakada Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Local Radio Presenter
    Swindon, UK
    I've used a few torrent sites on my DHD and downloaded MP4 to it, but it was a bit of a pain for me, so would recommend the PC.

Also, I can confirm that the stock player will play MP4 & AVI formats, as I moved a bunch of family guy episodes to it and they played back fine. I'd probably go for a different media player though if I was you as it can be glitchy at times.

EDIT: Try out Vplayer Advanced, it's free and plays ALL the popular video formats

VPlayer Advanced(Video Player) - Android app on AppBrain

QR:
    [​IMG]

5. zildj

zildj Well-Known Member
    None

also, a standard video format is good enough for HTC Desire. you need need to play HQ 720p videos. It sometimes lag.

6. Kaptajn Willy

Kaptajn Willy Newbie
    None

Nov 30, 2010
    If you're looking to stream different things "Droid Streamer" has a selection of tv series and a few movies... works well on 3G

7. oxomcfc

oxomcfc Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    manchester
    i use vuze which now supports android.i go to a website like torrentz download a film to vuze libary and then just drag and drop the film to my phone device and then it just converts it straight to your phone.it is pretty simple this way

8. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 23, 2010
    Phones, more phones and yet more phones!
    Earth
    I use Xilisoft and convert 720p&1080p mkv HD files to mp4 and get no lag at all. I encode at a higher bit rate and the files looks flawless and sound awesome... but then again I also have a 16gb card in my phone. A little bit of tweaking is required to get the right aspect ratio, once you know it converting more files becomes really easy.

Xcifer likes this.