1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is there any reason to keep the "Amazon App Store?"

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by qwertqwerty, Oct 4, 2014.

1. qwertqwerty

qwertqwerty Lurker

My galaxy came with the amazon app store installed. Is there any reason to keep this? If everything it has to offer is on the Google play store I see no reason.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

Not unless you use it,I personally deleted it on my G2.

3. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Extreme Android User

I uninstalled their app store several years ago, for the same reason you stated.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Free apps a day. I got over 200USD worth of apps from them free during promos. On Google Play, Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary costs 30USD, and got it off them free. QuickOffice is 15USD, got it on free promo a couple of weeks ago, etc. Basically that's what I use Amazon for: Kindle books and the occasional paid app legally distributed for free.

mikedt, Gmash and ocnbrze like this.
  5. mrex

mrex Android Enthusiast

yes free app of the day was the reason i installed it. a while ago amazon gave apps for free for 100dollars..

6. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Android Expert

Keep it if you use the free app of the day - or get free coins to use in the store (ie credit). You'll also need to keep it if you have any apps that you use since some (if not most authenticate) of apps authenticate through the app store that they are valid installs.

Otherwise if your spending cash (or even getting a free app) - I'd just do it through the Google Play store.

KOLIO likes this.
  7. Androidify15

Androidify15 Lurker

I personally have it and I have to say it around a 8/10.They have great deals like the free app of the day except they don't have close to the amount of apps like Google play.The only issue I have with it is that if you have a certain app that you purchased on one account you cannot use the app with a different account you originally bought it from...