• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is there any recovery that works with an HTC Wildfire S A510e?

gravello

Lurker
Sep 22, 2013
I've followed the sticky manual on this forum called:

[Guide] How to root the Wildfire S with S-ON

Everything went well and I got the phone UNLOCKED.

I continued with the rest of the points until I got to this part:

If CWM Recovery will not load on your phone and you get a black screen when loading recovery from HBOOT (this is very common with the newer ROM builds) then try TWRP Recovery which, as you would expect, comes in GSM and CDMA flavors. You can download and install it with GOOManager or download it directly from TeamWin: GSM or CDMA

As it says in there, the CWM recovery gives me a black screen. But I've tried the last TWRP recovery image and it doesn't work either, instead of a black screen I get a fixed HTC charging screen and it doesn't charge.

Is there any recovery image that works with this phone? Or should the TWRP work except it doesn't in my phone? In that case is there any other way to root the phone?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones