• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there any rules from Google to restrict me using other company's icon inside my activity?

nashihu

Lurker
Apr 4, 2019
i want to put other company's icon inside my activity, like image attached.

but i'm afraid there's certain rule from Google to restrict any app to do so.

i have tried to read term of services here and here, but i don't see any clue to answer this question. Is it indeed not restricted tough? anyone have done this before?

any answer would be appreciated

Attachments

• question.PNG
    question.PNG
    37.1 KB · Views: 223
Are you promoting the company, like an affiliate of them? Do you have their express written permission to use their trademark icons etc? So companies do allow it, but they may have strict guidelines about using their trademarks, logos etc. Think you'll definitely need to check with the company before you do anything.

Sometimes they put this info on their website, like correct and incorrect ways to display and use their trademarks, logos, icons., e.g. here's the brand guidelines for Android.
https://developer.android.com/distribute/marketing-tools/brand-guidelines

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones