• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is there any sort of bluetooth game controller that can be used with emulators on the Infuse 4g???

ap3604

Android Enthusiast
Feb 9, 2010
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knew of any way to get a wiimote, or any other bluetooth game controller working?

I'd really like to play emulators while having the Infuse HDMI the game to my big-screen TV but I know that people had a hell of a time getting a bluetooth controller to work on the galaxy s phones without rooting :(

Any way to get a wiimote working without rooting?

Any bluetooth game controllers out there besides wiimotes that work?

And if rooting is the only method of getting bluetooth game controllers to work, how do you do it?

Thanks for any help you can give :)

As I understand, because Samsung uses a special Bluetooth driver/stack on their phones, using a stock ROM will not allow access to these devices. In order to use a Wiimote or PS3 controller, you have to use a custom ROM that uses a standardized stack. After that, yes, those devices should be mappable to most emulators, and you can then disable the OSD and have fun with your new portable gaming center.

I think Infused is the recommended ROM for this purpose.
And, of course, you should be rooted to push this image into the phone.

Upvote 0
As I understand, because Samsung uses a special Bluetooth driver/stack on their phones, using a stock ROM will not allow access to these devices. In order to use a Wiimote or PS3 controller, you have to use a custom ROM that uses a standardized stack. After that, yes, those devices should be mappable to most emulators, and you can then disable the OSD and have fun with your new portable gaming center.

I think Infused is the recommended ROM for this purpose.
And, of course, you should be rooted to push this image into the phone.

Correction, infused is not recommended. It may be a good bet though. Just do not use a direct leak.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones