• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there any way possible to send more than one picture in a text?

Risley

Nov 18, 2012
Not entirely sure of the logic behind restricting how many pictures are sent in a text message to someone....Its my data.

I'm attempting to send 3 pictures using the default messaging app. All 3 pics total 6.5mb and it only attaches 1 pic then pops up an error saying exactly the following:

Message size limit reached
Unable to attach file. File size too
large. Try sending via Email,
Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, etc.

yup yup, go to your gallery, long press on the first image then tap the rest that you want to select. The ones you selected should be highlighted in someway, then click the " share " icon and select your method.

this is what the share Icon looks like

images

Reactions: repair my mobile
Upvote 0
yup yup, go to your gallery, long press on the first image then tap the rest that you want to select. The ones you selected should be highlighted in someway, then click the " share " icon and select your method.

this is what the share Icon looks like

images

Hey guys,
Thanks for responding. Nope. Long pressing one pic to enable the selection of remaining pics doesn't work. If I select 2-3-4 pics or basically more than 1 pic then select the share option it looks like they are all attaching but only one attaches then the error pops up like I mentioned above. Ive tried this on the Note 3, Note 4 and my Galaxy Alpha. All 3 devices do exactly the same thing.

Reactions: repair my mobile
Upvote 0
To troubleshoot problems with message size limit reached, follow these steps:

1. Verify the video or picture size:
    1. Open the Gallery.
    2. Locate the video or picture you want to send.
    3. Touch and hold the video or picture icon you want to send.
    4. Touch Details.
    5. View the Size. The message plus the video or picture must be less than 1 MB to send as picture MMS.
      Note: If it is very close to or over 1 MB, you should try:
      • Send the video or picture via email instead.
      • Re-record the video or picture in lower resolution, and in a shorter clip.
      • If it is a picture, attempt to send it again via MMS. Some devices resize them automatically. This is not applicable for videos.
    6. Touch Cancel.
  2. If the picture or video size is below 1 MB, try to send the MMS to your own mobile number as a test.
  3. If the problem continues, uninstall all third-party messaging apps and test again.
  4. Follow steps for Picture Message (MMS) troubleshooting: Android.
  5. If the problem happens consistently to videos and pictures under 1 MB, perform a master reset.
  6. If the 'Message size limit reached' error continues to appear, you can either:

• Send the video by email instead of picture message (MMS).
    • Record the video again. Before recording, change the camera video resolution to the lowest one available. On some devices, it is labeled as MMS quality.

Upvote 0
If your using the stock messaging app (the one that comes with the phone) can you send more than one picture using the "slide show" option?

To try select your first picture to send in the message then select menu and add slide, add a picture as normal from your gallery and then repeat until you have selected all the pictures you wish to send.

Upvote 0
1mb is the max limit for a mms message. You can't send anything over that.

While I have found up to 1.2Mb quoted it is a maximum of anything between 300kb and 1.2Mb depending on a number of things such as carrier (network) restrictions and handset restrictions. There is no actual upper limit for the technology per se.

I personally would use email if the photo or file needed to be the original size. This had the added advantage that you can send it over Wi-Fi and for free with your phone, however I can see this isn't always an option.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones