1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Is there any way to add options to the slide unlock?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Cudda, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Cudda

Cudda Well-Known Member

Stock has slide left for camera, and right for unlocking the phone. I rather miss the option from my Nexus One to slide and silence the phone.

It seems like there are a few spaces to slide to above the stock 2 options, is there any way to add things there?

Advertisement

2. kkl1993

kkl1993 Well-Known Member

not on stock. there is an app called WidgetLocker, it does that and much more. for instance, adding apps and widgets on the lockscreen

Mr. Link and kylecummins like this.
  3. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Extreme Android User

+1

WidgetLocker is the only lock screen I ever use. You can customize your sliders to launch any app you want, and have multiple sliders. Plus you can put any widget on your lock screen. There are also a bunch of themes to give it any look you want.

Mr. Link likes this.
  4. cbeng

cbeng Newbie

Also, many custom roms come with extra lock screen shortcuts.

For example I'm using Fab's rom and you can have camera, dialer, sms, and unlock buttons.

Aside from widget lock, there's another good lock screen replacement called ripple lock with customizable shortcuts.

5. streetfish

streetfish Well-Known Member

the reviews on market say WidgetLocker drains the battery very fast. can you guys who have it comment on your experience with it on the GNex?

6. clb2196

clb2196 Android Enthusiast

I haven't used WidgetLocker on my Nexus, but I used it on my Droid2 and I never noticed any battery drain from it.

Mr. Link likes this.
  7. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Extreme Android User

I have used WidgetLocker since it was released. Used it on my Droid, Droid X, Nexus S, and GSII and it does not drain the battery very much at all. After a days usage it shows on my battery usage usually around 2%.

The battery usage should be about the same regardless of what phone it is on.

8. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Android Enthusiast

403 update will prob bring up/down swipe options.

9. jonny772

jonny772 Member

I use and love widget locker. Don't really notice any appreciable battery loss.

10. Stigy

Stigy Some say...

As 4.0.3 has been compiled in many custom ROMs -- it does not contain up/down swipes on the lock screens.

Custom ROMs though, they do provide this feature with some code written by developers. Seen below.

[​IMG]

11. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Android Enthusiast

I am not using Widgetlocker on my nexus. Loved it on my incredible but I did feel like it was draining my battery and we all know with this phone we can't afford anything helping the battery drain. I may revisit but for now I'm content.