1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Is there any way to dual boot Android with BlackBerry OS 6?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Schmahxgn, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Schmahxgn

Schmahxgn Lurker
    None

Jun 30, 2011
    Full-time student
    United States
    Around the holidays, I received a BlackBerry Torch 9800 as a gift. It works well enough, but it does not meet my needs and expectations. If there is any possible way for me to dual boot Android with my BlackBerry software, I'd love to know. Anyone who helps me in the right direction will my my respect and admiration forever.:)

Advertisement

2. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    I wouldn't count on it. Something like that wouldn't just be something that you click to run and install anyway. It would require quite a bit of knowledge on the part of the person performing the mod. If you want an Android device then get an Android device.

3. beboyle

beboyle Newbie
    None

Apr 22, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    RIM doesn't publish the hardware specs or driver info for their phones, so it would be extremely difficult (read: not going to happen) for somebody to build a kernel that could drive that hardware. It generally takes the resources of the people designing the phone to get that right. Unless RIM suddenly decides that an Android release for their hardware is a good idea I'm afraid you're out of luck.

4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Has not happened before on any Blackberry devices, doubt this will happen soon.