1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Is there any way to export playlists from htc desire to pc

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by marcreck, Jun 1, 2011.

1. marcreck

marcreck Lurker
    None

Dec 28, 2010
    Hi :)

I'm guessting this isnt possible as have spent hours looking and trying things out, but i was wondering / hoping that there would be an easy way to export a playlist back onto my desktop.

I use media monkey and have no probs creating a playlist and then syncing with android. But if i change that playlst on my phone i then need to be able to import it back into my media monkey (for traktor). As all the created playlists seem to be locked into a file i cant work out a way of doing this (or find a player that will allow it)

Meridian is the closest with this being the only workaround i can find - kundaistreet: Export Android Created Playlists To PC

I've also just tried winamp, double twist and playerpro. The 1st two seem like they might have a solution but when i take the playlist from the desktop in winamp for instance the paths are wrong.

Can anyone help?

many thanks

Advertisement

2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Android Expert
    None

Sep 11, 2009
    UK
    ive not found a way to do this and worst of all is that if your android version changes as part of an upgrade your playlist will vanish. even if you are rooted and back up the playlist database with titanium backup it still does not save it and if you restore from it it can corrupt the music database altogether.

Massive oversight from google here. it affects power amp too
    the amount of times ive had to recreate my android playlists is unbelievable

3. marcreck

marcreck Lurker
    None

Dec 28, 2010
    Thanks for the reply. It is kind of possible using meridian player and that link above but its a real workaround solution for something that needs to be a lot easier. My prob with that way was that i had to amend the text file for each song in order to point to the paths. If they are the same though it might be a decent workaround til a solution comes along.

4. Rastaman-FB

None

Sep 11, 2009
    UK
    for me im just more bothered about saving it and then importing it when i update the phone
    i want power amp to see it though and im not sure it understands meridians format

5. marcreck

marcreck Lurker
    None

Dec 28, 2010
  6. Rastaman-FB

None

Sep 11, 2009
    UK
    yeah you can back up the database with titanium too. problem is that database is not compatible with any other version
    so if you backup the playlist database from 2.3.3 and apply it to a 2.3.4 rom your media scanner and music player borks and throws force closes every 2 seconds (i tried :p)

Tags: