• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there ANY way to have SMS notifications be IN SYNC?

dvdqnoc

Android Enthusiast
Sep 7, 2009
Does anyone know any way to have SMS sound, vibration, LED blink, and screen-on (if you have an app like SmsAwake awake installed like I do) to come on IN SYNC? Every time I get a text message, they are always not in sync, and it bothers me. For exampe, phone would vibrate, then 5 seconds later, notification sound goes off.

I think the delay after vibrate is so that you can silence the phone after the vibration by pressing the volume rocker (so as not to bother others while in a meeting, for example.) Then if you didn't feel the vibration, the sound comes on...

No because sometimes, the vibration and sound are perfectly in sync. Other times, the notification sound plays BEFORE the vibration. It's always random.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones