• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there any wortwhile S8 screen protector available :(?

Jaggedroid

Lurker
Jun 5, 2018
Hello all. Since the S8 seems to be the phone to get at this point, especially since it's cheap and plenty of accessories should be out by now, I'd like to know if you have any recomendations as to which brand makes quality screen protectors, or at least one that would protect the display from cracking and scratching (without falling off as everyone reports happening)?

I checked Olixar, Tech21, Otterbox, Rhinoshield, etc. Everyone has given them bad reviews (not a single one with consistent 4 stars even) and after seeing a fair amount of videos I'm still lost as to which to get.

Is there any screen protector the for the S8 I can trust?

I would really like to hear from you since I know what a cracked phone's display due to not applying a screen protector looks and feels like :(; don't want to happen again.

Not a fan of tempered glass protectors. I have had two in a row from a leading screen protector manufacturer. One was installed with a "tray" like first one suggested for you. Both have not adapted well to the curve on the surface of the S8. The first just plain fell off after a few weeks. The second has been gathering a ring of dust around the screen.

If I were to do it again, I'd get a flexible protector. Actually, I'd get a phone without the pointless rounded screen, but that's a story for another day.

Reactions: Jaggedroid
Upvote 0
I have used various tempered glass screen protectors on my phones for years. Did have concerns when getting the S8 due to the curved screen. Tried several and eventually settled on this one from OTAO.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071W2YDTW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It is curved and fits on phone perfectly, it also allows a bumper case to be fitted with no ill effects.
Just recently went on holiday and on 2nd day noticed a crack o my screen in one of the corners after a wee night out.
Anyway, was anxious about how screen itself would be so, immediately on return took off protector and screen was perfect.
I had already bought a spare protector in case something like this happened and whn i went to put it on, i found a warranty paper in the box advising that should it ever crack or break to send a picture for a free replacement which i duly did.
Excellent piece of kit and it comes with a tray that sits over the phone that perfectly aligns the protector to your screen when applying so is fool proof when applying.
Would definitely recommend.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones