1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Is there anyway to mimic ios keyboard layout on SwiftKey?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by shenfrey, Sep 26, 2014.

1. shenfrey

shenfrey Newbie
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    Hi guys newly switched android user using HTC one m8. I have downloaded swift key because I liked it on ios and was wondering if there was a way to mimic the ios keyboard layout because right now I get a bit lost as the special keys are all in different places

Thanks guys

Advertisement

2. shenfrey

shenfrey Newbie
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    Bump, any idea guys?

3. hiredgun

hiredgun Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2014
    I'd say that you can head over to the Swiftkey official forums and ask them about it, they would probably have as good an idea as anyone.

SwiftKey VIP Community

4. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    All third party keyboards have their own layouts. You can only choose the layouts offer by the particular third party keyboards. If you want a different layout than what is available, you will have to look at other third party keyboards.

5. shenfrey

shenfrey Newbie
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    Not what I wanted to hear but fair enough. I really like the predictive corrections of swift key so don't want to stop using it, I'll just have to unlearn what I was taught on the iPhone and adapt.

6. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    I have been using SwiftKey on Android for a while and they have changed the layout some with each major upgrade. It will probably change again next time as well. It doesn't take long to get used to the changes though.

7. glassmancheck

glassmancheck Member
    None

Feb 19, 2012
    There are several good keyboards in the Playstore. Some time ago I tried many of them before settling on Swype. One that I also liked was SlideIT, and I could be wrong, but I seem to remember it having and iPhone theme. The keyboard was important to me so I tried many to see which one worked best for me. You might consider trying a few and then deciding. It was worth the time in my opinion.

8. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    I know what you are going through. I've been issued an iPhone for work and it has taken me time to adjust to using the stock iOS keyboard. I primarily use SwiftKey on my personal GS3. Although iOS allows third party keyboards, the version of SwiftKey is too buggy and does not have the landscape thumb layout I normally use. Until SwiftKey updates their keyboard with the features that I like and fixes the bugs, I have to stick with the stock keyboard.