• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is there anyway to update all your apps at once?

mxrider821

Nov 6, 2009
i have an ipod touch and when there are multiple updates on apps it has a button that says "update all apps". is there anway to do this on the droid?

its a pain going though each app and having to click update than OK, update than OK... etc.

thanks in advance

atrackdog does it.

i remember it had some problems a while ago. it's probably been updated since then.

Just tried it - it incorrectly identified several updates that weren't there when it sent me to marketplace. Five of six apps it said had updates had none listed. It even claimed an update was available for an app that has been pulled from the market.

I also don't see any option to update apps automatically - the only install option is an "Install from Market" option - that opens Marketplace to the app and it's the same install/update process as usual.

Looks interesting, but looks like it needs some work...

Upvote 0
I think I'm up to 54 apps now with pending updates. I only update those apps that I use most often and may require updates to fix existing bugs I'm aware of. And then I only update if the recent comments says its still a stable app on my device or it has a new feature to make it worth it to me. I'd hate to introduce a problem to the app or worse my phones OS just to get a new feature I don't use or a bug fix not necessarily intended for my device.

Each update ususally requires a little more internal memory usage as the apps tend to grow steadily. Last time I updated 4 or 5 apps the additional space filled my internal memory which caused all my downloads to stop. No additional apps could be downloaded or updated, and I believe my e-mail stopped retrieving as well.

Upvote 0
Not flaming... but what do you need 54 apps for? You're going to run out of space soon (as I see in your sig), so what's keeping you from deleting some of the apps now?

Oh I use more than 54 apps. I have a few apps that duplicate function as I determine which I believe is the best in its breed, but I will only keep those that I actually use. I have uninstalled many apps but I plan on getting all I can out of this smartphone to justify its monthly service fees.

Upvote 0
Not flaming... but what do you need 54 apps for? You're going to run out of space soon (as I see in your sig), so what's keeping you from deleting some of the apps now?

About the running out of memory bit: I thought that I had read somewhere that only the exe file needed to be stored on the internal memory and that the rest of the apps files could be stored on the card. Was that an innacurate post/statement?

Upvote 0
That is a correct statement...apps can (and do) store content/images/data on the SD card, and the running code on the device. I don't know the technical issues that guide exactly what must be on the device vs. the card...

An ability to install apps "entirely" to the SD card will like come, either from Google (there were discussions about this being something that google engineers are working on) and/or via rooting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones