• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is there Fm radio and is there a favorites widget?

Coming from the DInc to the GS3 is definitely an upgrade, though the DInc was and still is a great phone.

I was looking through the phone and I didn't see an FM radio like the DInc and was wondering is there not one on the phone?

As for favorites, I loved the widget that HTC had, I was wondering is there a widget I can put on a home screen instead of going through the contacts. I see that there is individual ones but I'm looking for one that supports a group of people.

Thanks in advance.

Ummmm no it doesnt. I tried to listen to WILD 94.9 and it said i couldnt and redirected me to another station. Same with some other stations if you read the reviews.

Try Jango. You create your own station by inputting the artists you like. Then like Pandora thumb up or down what you like or don't like. If you thumb down it will skip the song and never play it again. Plus, no ads and unlimited skips.

Upvote 0
As for favorites, I loved the widget that HTC had, I was wondering is there a widget I can put on a home screen instead of going through the contacts. I see that there is individual ones but I'm looking for one that supports a group of people.

Thanks in advance.

I would also like to know this...haven't been able to find a similar widget.

Upvote 0
im in scotland and when i got my sg3 a month ago i told the girl in tmobile shop that i use the radio at my work sometimes through tunein app and she told me if i use the built in fm radio then it wont come out of my data allowance. i can even put up with having to use the headphones as an aeriel but i can get the stations i listen to through the fm no problem.

ric

Upvote 0
So back to the OP question: is there an FM radio on the US versions?

I have searched for this and read many articles in regards to no radio on the LTE versions of the phone. The carriers disabled it because it does not work with the LTE chips. There is another app called Spirit Radio (not the religous one!) and it won't work on the phones either. The developer of Spirit Radio thinks the LTE chip is the problem as he can't get his app to work. You can read his thread on all the work he has been doing to try and get it work here...

FM Radio in Galaxy S3? - xda-developers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones