1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is there hope for cm9 camera?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CM9SWAGG, Apr 19, 2012.

1. CM9SWAGG

CM9SWAGG Newbie

It seems like we well not be getting the camera to work right now I tried every thing I know how to do.

guiitardude likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dr. Dank

Dr. Dank Well-Known Member

been wondering the same thing...

3. CM9SWAGG

CM9SWAGG Newbie

I'm going to keep trying because i know this phone can get it. Its just a puzzle :)

guiitardude likes this.
  4. FrenchToast

FrenchToast Well-Known Member

The camera is a problem we couldn't really fix. We need the official 3.0 kernels for CM9 to get the camera. Currently b_randon and his brother are working on patching a lower kernel then patching that one to 3.0. This should let the camera work on CM9 once we implement it.

MikeRL, CM9SWAGG and guiitardude like this.
  5. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

It's going to be a long process I am sure. All we can do is try to help if we know how and be patient if we don't.

MikeRL, guiitardude and DenverNugs like this.
  6. guiitardude

guiitardude Newbie

Ive been hoping for this for a while, this rom is just about perfect, better than anything ive seen, and if it gets the camera, which it will, itll be my daily driver. We had this same problem with cm7, and even though ics will be harder to crack, nothings impossible

mblackwood likes this.
  7. YoshQ

YoshQ Lurker

Aww, so there's no way to make the camera work even for just still photos on the Motorola Triumph with CM9 at this time? I'm reeeeally missing this feature...

8. lqcorsa

lqcorsa Well-Known Member

That's why I left CM9. Went to MIUI. It reboots itself all the time, but it's still pretty fast, and has a lot of cool little built in tweaks.

I can say though that I'll probably either be on the EVO V 4G for Virgin or on a T-Mobile prepaid plan, either way with a phone that comes shipped with true Android 4.0 before CM9 gets a working camera on the Triumph, which is a bit annoying. :p

9. thebryceee

thebryceee Android Expert

Yeah it's a bummer that they don't want to help us out with the camera because ROMs like CM9, AOKP and MIUI are so kick ass.

MikeRL and guiitardude like this.
  10. Bill Clay

Bill Clay Member

A question, will 3rd party camera apps from the Play Market work with CM9, or do all camera apps crash?

guiitardude likes this.
  11. guiitardude

guiitardude Newbie

I've even tried it myself, third party applications will not work on CM9, the camera cannto be accessed.

Bill Clay likes this.
  12. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

I mean personally...I can deal without a working camera. I usually have my nikon with me anyway. And I can recieve and send whatever I have on my phone/download, so that's fine. I mean if the devs do get it working, sweet. If not...the ROMs are still amazingly sexy, so its a fair trade off xD

13. YoshQ

YoshQ Lurker

Okay so this. How do I get to MIUI? Just flash it? Because I tried flashing back to CM7 and it was a ridiculous amount of tedious.

14. keisukehonda

keisukehonda Member

Yep just boot into recovery, do a factory reset, and install the zip from SD.

15. b_randon14

b_randon14 Android Expert

Yeah the camera will take alot of work. I have heard its mostly in the kernel. We need tjstyle to post his camera fixes on his kernel so we can try to port it to ours! Nut at the moment I believe cm7 is still better than cm9 even from a supported device view because cm9 is still in its infancy. But cm9 will become something awesome in the near future!!

guiitardude likes this.
  16. seanfodonnell

seanfodonnell Well-Known Member

Has anyone actually tried to contact TJ-Style?? If so what happened?? What exactly do we need from him??

17. thebryceee

thebryceee Android Expert

Source code for his kernel

seanfodonnell likes this.
  18. skarni

skarni Well-Known Member

Quote from tj style regarding getting this to work on Triumph

"Never test on .32 kernel, and i don't know that will work since call mechanism on camera is different with .35 but still possible since fih is using same camera parameter method.

Iwill post all changes on the camera.fb0, libcameraservice, libcamera_client and kernel later, need to fix up the source. "

As I understand it, we do not have the right kernel on our phone.

19. mastersoup

mastersoup Android Enthusiast

companies like motorola who dont support their phones after launch with decent rates of updates should really be buying into helping these unpaid devs doing their work for them. provide them with all the tools they need to make great custom roms with all the features, then if theyre great, offer them on their own website, and even push fixes that the general population has made as an actual update. if motorola wont have devs working on their phones, why not use all the unpaid labor at their disposal for something that will make their phones better (usable in the triumphs case)?

rebel69ization likes this.
  20. lifeblows10

lifeblows10 Android Enthusiast

I'd say once a phone is deemed "outdated" by the manufacturer, they should release everything for the phone.... and leave it up to the people who actually will work on it instead of the company who has abandoned their product because they are just too damn lazy to take the time to give it what it deserves. Moto has basically taken the money and ran.

To the OP, I think it is a matter of time. ICS is just now becoming mainstream. Give our devs some time. It will come... it will come. :D

21. garrmack

garrmack Member

Can we make this the official "What is the current camera status for ICS?" thread? I try to keep up with the different development and rom threads, but it's not always clear to me.

YoshQ and TheBritton like this.
  22. YoshQ

YoshQ Lurker

This webpage says that the camera is not working on MIUI? At this point all I want is a ROM that's gonna let my camera work. -_-
    That would be great!

23. rduncan5678

rduncan5678 Lurker

Camera is the single reason I chose cm7 over cm9. I really miss how smooth overclocking to 1.5 GHz and just how fluid the UI was. Not having a camera though was not a viable option. I will patiently await the updates and bide my time with cm7. Overvolting and ICS themes for Go Launcher make this work, but its just not the same lol. Gonna keep checking this forum for the day that camera works!

24. RolaAddict

RolaAddict Android Enthusiast

There is another thread that is dealing on the fix for the camera on ICS ROMs.We are soooooo close to finally getting a working camera on ICS.

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews