1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Is there hotspot for samsung S2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dannynica, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Dannynica

Dannynica Member
    None

Feb 6, 2013
    CAN ANYBODY TELL ME IF THE SAMSUNG S2 IS CAPABLE TO RECEIVE HOTSPOT SIGNAL AND TRANSFER IT TO MY PC OR LAPTOP??

i WOULD LIKE TO SEND SIGNAL TO MY LAPTOP.

IS THERE A WAY TO DO IT TO MY PC?? i think the pc can not receive the wifi signal right?? it can only be to wifi devices right??

I HAVE TO PAY BOOSTMOBILE TO SEND THE SIGNAL??

AHHH, WHAT AABOUT THE 2.5GB LIMIT ON THE DATA, OR THE HOTSPOT HAS OTHER DATA LIMITS??

Advertisement

2. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    Male
    Commercial service Technician for ADT
    Gainesville, FL
    Hello, are you referring to being able to tether your phone's internet to the PC? We have a tether app for that on rooted devices. If your Laptop does not have a wireless network card (that is unheard of in recent laptops), you would have to do wired tethering. The 2.5gig limit applies to all data from the carrier, hotspot or phone use.

If your laptop has a wireless network card then it can connect to a hotspot all by itself, be it from the phone or a public access wifi like at McDonald's.

By the way, it is considered very rude to type in all capital letters. It is known as shouting.

3. Dannynica

Dannynica Member
    None

Feb 6, 2013
    Hello Friends!

Can anybody tell me how hotspot works??

i have a samsung galaxy S2 from boostmobile. As we know, boost give us 2.5GB a month for "fast speed". so i think we have to pay for that additional feature which is $10.

Can anybody tell me how that works, would it work on my PC, not only on my laptop, Does it would take the 2.5GB allowed on my monthly data??? or do we get unlimited data for hotspot??

Thanks everybody:)

4. Dannynica

Dannynica Member
    None

Feb 6, 2013

Thank you for your responde Codegerm!

i was thinking to stop paying for my internet service at home to verizon, but if it is only the same 2.5GB from boost, really that wont make it now even for a week

(everyday we learn something new, i have being on internet for about 15 years and never heard of CAPITAL LETTERS MEANING LIKE TALKING LOUD)

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    Male
    Gainesville, FL
    The extra feature is for Boost to enable the hotspot to allow your phone to create a WiFi spot for you to connect thinge like a laptop, tablet, etc to, and those devices will be able to access the internet through your phone. If you are referring to a desktop pc without a Wireless network card, you would have to do wired tethering through the USB cable that came with your phone.

The Hotspot feature just enables that feature on your phone. It does not give you unlimited data. The 2.5gig throttle limit still applies. The Hotspot is useful for having on the go access for one laptop, but with the throttle limit it is not useful for primary internet for your home PC, as you can easily pass the 2.5gig limit in one day.

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. Dannynica

Dannynica Member
    None

Feb 6, 2013
    Thank you Codegerm! I get it. i am paying too much to verizon so i thought i could replace it with my wireless service. Thank you

7. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    Male
    Gainesville, FL
    I believe you can get unlimited with an actual Sprint account, Or T Mobile. The cost per month would be more, but you could cancel Verizon, and probably still save money. Things to consider are coverage and heavy data use. With an actual Sprint account you get the ability for roaming, but f you use a ton of data on a roaming tower, Sprint will drop you (they have to pay the other carrier for that). If your data use is extreme, most any carrier will drop you even on an "unlimited".

8. Dannynica

Dannynica Member
    None

Feb 6, 2013

Ok, thank you man

I appreciate your info

9. Slayer72

Slayer72 Android Expert
    None

Dec 22, 2011
    Male
    Troy NY
    Something else you can do as far as the PC goes, you can get a wifi usb dongle that you can plug into your PC's usb port, after you install the drivers for it then your PC will be able to receive the hotspot signal from your phone as well :)

DaisFlaque likes this.