• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is there just a plain one click root?

http://rwilco12.androidfilehost.com/LeakSite/Leaks/Samsung%20Epic%204G%20Touch/FI27/ROM_NoData/Rooted/SPH-D710_FI27_CL1127689_Rooted_NoData.exe

Follow that link, download the 1 click utility, that also WON'T delete your data as well.

YouTube

That's a video walk through on how to root from QBKing77 (same method I used and very easy as well).

If haven't managed to root by Thursday, i'll put together a detailed root guide along with ROM list and other goodies I've got planned on doing Thursday if I've got time to :)

DS

Thank you so much! Now that I have superuser capabilities, how do I get the old mass storage option back or is that an app that I need to download?

Upvote 0
I'm on a custom rom so yours won't look like this. But go into your settings>storage and hit the physical menu key to bring up the usb computer connection and it should give you something that looks like this :

ahy7u9um.jpg

DS

Upvote 0
I'm on a custom rom so yours won't look like this. But go into your settings>storage and hit the physical menu key to bring up the usb computer connection and it should give you something that looks like this :

ahy7u9um.jpg

DS
First off, I can't even get to that point because my pc is finding the driver for the Samsung USB even after uninstalling and reinstalling it. The ver. I installed was 1.5.14.0. When I plug the phone in, it comes up looking for the driver each time. I've tried pointing it to different areas where I would have thought it should be found but still nothing. Besides that, If I needed to take a picture of my display I couldn't seeing as it would overwrite the deleted folder (camera). Help!!!! :-s

Edit: Shit, I meant "the pc is trying to find the driver" I did a getprop and the usb prop is sys.usb.config is adb

Upvote 0
First off, I can't even get to that point because my pc is finding the driver for the Samsung USB even after uninstalling and reinstalling it. The ver. I installed was 1.5.14.0. When I plug the phone in, it comes up looking for the driver each time. I've tried pointing it to different areas where I would have thought it should be found but still nothing. Besides that, If I needed to take a picture of my display I couldn't seeing as it would overwrite the deleted folder (camera). Help!!!! :-s

Edit: Shit, I meant "the pc is trying to find the driver" I did a getprop and the usb prop is sys.usb.config is adb

Alright my driver is 1.3.2360.0 which is working perfectly fine for me right now.

Give me a bit and ill upload it to my db and we'll see if that can be a fix for you.

DS

Upvote 0
Ok, I actually started that before I got this. Should alwaays do that with any program anyway. Uninstalled, rebooted(phone unplugged), installed new, restarted, plugged in and the same issue. I did notice however that when I plugged the phone up, I never did see any type of connection message on the top of the phone like normal; "Connected as multi media". Nothing at all ever pops up, is this provided via the pc driver as the phone is recognized or is there another issue altogether?

Upvote 0
Would you mind trying a reinstall of the latest drivers that you had installed the first. A reboot as always and waiting 5 minutes before plugging phone up? I had a problem where it wasn't detected as soon as drivers was installed and this fixed it up.

If it doesn't, i'll see if I can get someone here who's got more knowledge as far as this situation.

DS

Reactions: fspata
Upvote 0
Would you mind trying a reinstall of the latest drivers that you had installed the first. A reboot as always and waiting 5 minutes before plugging phone up? I had a problem where it wasn't detected as soon as drivers was installed and this fixed it up.

If it doesn't, i'll see if I can get someone here who's got more knowledge as far as this situation.

DS
Same problem. Thanks for your help. So someone else will look into it?

Upvote 0
After talking to a few people, 2 other options come to mind.

1) returning completely back to stock unrooted.

2) flashing a rom to see if we can get usb mass storage working without having to unroot.

If your interested in either one, let me know which so I can guide you through the steps if your not sure how to do so. :)

DS
will either way wipe my data? I still need to try to recover the deleted files.

Upvote 0
That's if you chose to wipe the internal sd card which you wouldn't do.

A factory reset from recovery is required which doesn't touch internal or External cards.

DS
I'm extremely ignorant about this stuff so i apologizie in advance. If u flash it, u have a choice to wipr or not correct? I just have some pictures that i deleted that i really need to get back so wiping is extremely last resort.

Upvote 0
I'm extremely ignorant about this stuff so i apologizie in advance. If u flash it, u have a choice to wipr or not correct? I just have some pictures that i deleted that i really need to get back so wiping is extremely last resort.

Wiping from privacy in settings menu and wiping from the custom recovery are 2 completely different resets.

Factory from settings: wipes phone memory and internal sd card

Wiping from recovery: only phone memory.

In short, when we flash a Rom and doing a wipe from a recovery which is required, pictures or anything on the internal sd card will not be touched.

DS

Upvote 0
Still the same, tries to install new hardware but no driver found. I've been beating my head against the wall trying to figure out if there was anything i did when this first started happening. It finally hit me, i did enter a prop setting that was suggested to me in the beginning, not sure if that did anything or not. Let me try to find it again and I'll post it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones