1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is there no worthwhile GPS app?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by trisgo, May 15, 2011.

1. trisgo

trisgo Lurker

I'm going to lose my mind here. I've search the threads and still can't find an answer. I'll tell you what I'm looking for; mad props to someone with an answer. I get lost in the woods trying to play disc golf and can't find the baskets. I want a GPS app with arial photos that will let me set waypoints for each tee and basket. Is there a program that I can use on my computer to set up up a trip with waypoints and then use it on my android X? I've tried all the free programs I can find and none seem to do this. I paid $10 for a disc golf app and it was horrible. I could really use some help here.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. can probably use some type of geocaching app like Geodroid. or try My Tracks.

3. shreman

shreman Lurker

For the sake of full disclosure, I do know the developers. But have you taken a look at Golf Quickscore+.

This app allows you to set the basket positions directly on the phone before a game using google maps images (doesn't support tee box positions unfortunately) or you can set basket positions for future games while standing next to the baskets while on the course. The scorecard will then show the distance to each basket as you play.

While playing a round, and if you have a mobile network connection, you can plan your shots (and lay ups) from your current position again using satellite images. Plus perform shot distance tracking.

The range finder features are supplemental to the app's scorecard which supports various types of play (albeit perhaps more traditional golf oriented i.e. stableford, match play etc.). There's also stats/charts and (trad. golf) handicap calculations

Not free though. Costs $2.49 but it might suit your needs.