• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there possible to dual boot with JB and Windows 8?

I was wondering if I could dual boot my GTab2 10.1 with its current stock Jb with windows 8? Mt laptop is a piece of $hit so I figured I could use the tablet like a Windows slate. And install some programs that I can't install on Android. Would this be possible? Is there enough space? If not could I just buy a large sd card? Thank you in advance.

I was wondering if I could dual boot my GTab2 10.1 with its current stock Jb with windows 8? Mt laptop is a piece of $hit so I figured I could use the tablet like a Windows slate. And install some programs that I can't install on Android. Would this be possible? Is there enough space? If not could I just buy a large sd card? Thank you in advance.

I don't think so. The architecture of the device does not work well with Windows. Different kernels, different device signatures, etc. There is an app on the Play store to use an emulator, but I have not tried it. Maybe it might work for you. One HUGE prerequisite is, that you need a Windows 8 image for it. I don't know how that works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones