• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is there something wrong with multitouch on the gnex?

Kancerstick

Dec 17, 2011
Every game i play that is multitouch intensive... ie Shadowgun, GTA3, so on and so fourth... The multitouch on the phone does not seem responsive.

I also downloaded a multi touch tester from the market and i can def reproduce when my fingers dont even register on the screen when using multitouch.. Did i get a defective device?

In my experiences it's not consistent, sometimes the problem doesn't show up, other times it happens constantly. Others have suggested turning the screen off and on to fix it, but it games where I've seen the problem (Cordy, BackStab, GTA), the problem comes back after just a few seconds.

I'm starting to wonder if it may have something to do with how you use the screen - It feel like I've usually had it cause problems just after I've done something wrong - like running my finger off the side of the screen trying to use on-screen analog controls.

Upvote 0
I'm sure it's a software (bug) issue, because everyone having this bug says the same thing
Just turn off your device's screen, turn it back on, problem solved!

If it was a hardware problem, the bug shouldn't be gone

That doesn't work for me very much... and in the case of some games seems to bring me back to the home screen & force me to re-launch the game. /sigh

I do agree, though, that it is likely a software issue since it often does work. Still, there are a lot of reasons why it could still be hardware related & not always manifest (variables with the touch digitizer / heat of the bottom portion vs top portion of the device, etc, etc).

Reactions: BlueBiker
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones