1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!
  2. We apologize for the disruption in email services! They are sending out now, but there is a backlog, so it may take a little time to catch up.

General Is there something wrong with my screen?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Voltex, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Voltex

Voltex Newbie
    None

Nov 20, 2011
    I've had my Samsung Galaxy S II X (same as the T-Mobile version) for about a week. Lately, I've noticed that the screen seems to have a slight grainy pattern to it. The colours seem fine though, and it's only noticeable when I actually try to spot it. Is there something wrong with my screen, or is this just part of the AMOLED screen?

Advertisement

2. moondrius

moondrius Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    Baltimore MD
    I believe its a problem with the Galaxy S II variants that have Snapdragon processors. Most of them if not all have it. It should like like vertical lines when the phone is held in portrait. It also seems to go away when you turn the brightness up. The Galaxy Nexus also has similar problems.

3. Oldschoolwax

Oldschoolwax Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 26, 2011
    Artist
    New York
    I don't seem to have this vertical line problem with my unit, though I can see the oled pixels, if I look at the screen with that in mind. You should be able to see this in all screens if you look carefully enough. So if you are just seeing the makup of the screen by trying to do so, don't worry about it. Enjoy you new phone and the new year.