• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there such a thing as a truly clear TPU case?

I would love to have one that's truly clear for my Epic but I like the functionality of TPU.

When I was on their website, I did notice that they make clear cases, but unfortunately, they did not have one for this ET phone..... yet. Maybe they will make one. It may be worth sending them an email. They are very helpful and friendly. I agree with you. A clear case for this phone would look sweet.

Reactions: moidawn
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I got the TPU matte smoke case and really like its translucency. It is not crystal clear but if there is no clear one available, it might satisfy you until they make the clear one. Just as in the pics you can read "Galaxy S II" easily through it.

Login : TPU-CASES.COM, - All TPU Cases Shipped Free in the USA

Thanks! I like their matte black and glitter black. I don't care about the Galaxy name showing, I actually want the clear so I can show off some personal artwork behind the case. I may get one of the opaque black cases and then if a thoroughly see-through one comes out later I'll get one of those, too. I think one of the reviews on their cases said there was just enough of a lip to the case to protect the screen from touching a flat surface if the phone needed to be turned face down on a flat surface. That sounds good to me. I want to protect the screen but I'm not sure I'm on board with the idea of using a film screen protector.

Upvote 0
sam_d710_gumy_blk.jpg

Technocel Hybrid TPU Skin Cover for Samsung Epic 4G Touch, Black & Clear SAD710HGCL

Not completely clear but not bad looking. I hated that Sprint only had 2 cases available on launch day and one was purple! This is the same case with a clear back. I just ordered one of the TPU Argyle pattern smoke colored cases. I'll try to post a pic when I get it. I'm returning the kickstand case more than likely, it's not a bad case just doesn't protect the edges enough in my opinion.

Upvote 0
Technocel Hybrid TPU Skin Cover for Samsung Epic 4G Touch, Black & Clear SAD710HGCL

Not completely clear but not bad looking. I hated that Sprint only had 2 cases available on launch day and one was purple! This is the same case with a clear back. I just ordered one of the TPU Argyle pattern smoke colored cases. I'll try to post a pic when I get it. I'm returning the kickstand case more than likely, it's not a bad case just doesn't protect the edges enough in my opinion.
I ended up ordering this. It's a very nice case. The back is really more frosted than clear but it feels great in the hand and the cutouts are perfect. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones