1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is there way to find out who is causing "Android is Upgrading" on boot?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by LeoRexus, Jul 1, 2013.

1. LeoRexus

LeoRexus Member

First.... Samsung Stellar, running JB (ME1 update), rooted, with the ICS bootloader (to allow TWRP).

I've been using TB to purge some bloatware and system apps that I don't need/want... Now, every time it boots, I get the "Android is Upgrading" message, but it is only optimizing "1 of 1" app.

Is there a log or something where I can find out what app that is? Or what is triggering it? I've read that it has to do with the Dalvik... I've tried to wipe both that and the cache... but it will keep coming back.

Its more an annoyance at this point, adding a couple of seconds to booting, but it annoys me nonetheless and I desire a way to smite said message. :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

Normally, that screen happens when the OS is populating the Dalvik cache. If it is happening every time you reboot, then something is getting cleared out constantly and thus having to repopulate every time.

3. LeoRexus

LeoRexus Member

Right.... seems pretty clear... but what I am trying to figure out is who is getting popped on boot every time. If I can find the culprit app, I might be able to stop it from tweaking out every time I restart.