• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is this a battery issue?

shep938

Jun 19, 2011
hello all. i just got my first smartphone a week ago. I got the Droid X2.
i am starting to get use to the phone. Im not sure if I have an issue with the battery or not tho. For example, when I charge my phone(USB data cable/Wall Charger) it will say 50%..after about 2 hours, it will still say 50% until i unplug it, then it will say the correct % of how much is charged. Also it seems like it takes forever to charge. It took 3 hours to charge from 15% to 70%. Again, not sure if this is an issue or not being that im still a newbe...Thanks and keep on Droidin'

hello all. i just got my first smartphone a week ago. I got the Droid X2.
i am starting to get use to the phone. Im not sure if I have an issue with the battery or not tho. For example, when I charge my phone(USB data cable/Wall Charger) it will say 50%..after about 2 hours, it will still say 50% until i unplug it, then it will say the correct % of how much is charged. Also it seems like it takes forever to charge. It took 3 hours to charge from 15% to 70%. Again, not sure if this is an issue or not being that im still a newbe...Thanks and keep on Droidin'

I have seen this kind of. Plugged into USB kept saying 5% switched to wall and showed low until I unplugged form wall charger then it was like full, very odd.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones