• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is this a correct tutrial on temp rooting 2.3 evo shift

Lol.. you sure did take my post personal. If I was wrong in my statement then I apologize, but you won't convince me that you used that method to root your Shift if it was running Gingerbread... which the original poster is. If it rooted froyo, more power to you. I pointed the original poster in a different direction because it is a known Gingerbread temp root method and comes from a more than credible website. BTW, glad you decided to post in the forum.. even it was just to flame me :rolleyes:
I think you have mistaken me,
First of all I am not the admin of that site, so there is no point in taking anything personal about your comments, right?. I said that because I have rooted my device with that tutorial, that's all.
And the second thing, as far as I read the tutorial, there is no mention about the gingerbread OS, and all I know is that my device was running on Froyo and there was no issues were there while following the steps and rooting my device.

Upvote 0
It
Im not trying to be in the middle of a gun fight but is this really a root for gb?

The link you initially referenced is not for Gingerbreaded but according to the other poster it works for froyo. So like my original reply, if your running Gingerbread that perm root method will not work, only temp root. Once root is available for Gingerbread I don't think it will be difficult to find.

Reactions: 330D and barberboy
Upvote 0
It

The link you initially referenced is not for Gingerbreaded but according to the other poster it works for froyo. So like my original reply, if your running Gingerbread that perm root method will not work, only temp root. Once root is available for Gingerbread I don't think it will be difficult to find.
Why are assuming things my friend? As far as I know that tutorial is not highlighting anything about Gingerbread rooting in that tutorial. Mine was Froyo and it worked, that means it will work for Froyo. I think tha will do it.

Upvote 0
I just don't even know what to say..... Next time Crump, you better not help unless you REALLY know what you are talking about. You've been warned. :rolleyes:

J/K dude where does this stuff come from?????

Think from now on I'll just keep my mouth shut.. I forgot forums were only for the all knowing.

Why are assuming things my friend? As far as I know that tutorial is not highlighting anything about Gingerbread rooting in that tutorial. Mine was Froyo and it worked, that means it will work for Froyo. I think tha will do it.

Dude, this thread has nothing to do with rooting Froyo... did you read the title and the op? I'm glad that you were able to use that method to root your phone but how does that contribute anything to this thread? I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you, especially since I don't understand what point your trying to make.

Anyway I'll shut up and hopefully for someone else sake this thread can get back on topic.

Reactions: 330D
Upvote 0
Thanks im glad I posted the reply in this forum. I saw the thread you posted in your reply before, only trouble is I dont understand all the terminology incorporated with how to root my shift. I'm looking for a you tube video or a tutorial for simple ppl like myself:)

Give it a try. I am a newbie to rooting android too but I was able to do it last night. It was easy (well not that easy..lol..took me almost 5 hrs because i had to do a lot of googling if you know what i mean). I had no choice. I needed WiFi for my new Touchpad. But now I am happy. ;)

Reactions: barberboy
Upvote 0
Give it a try. I am a newbie to rooting android too but I was able to do it last night. It was easy (well not that easy..lol..took me almost 5 hrs because i had to do a lot of googling if you know what i mean). I had no choice. I needed WiFi for my new Touchpad. But now I am happy. ;)
Think I might have to re look into this....now I just have to go find the original link to that process

Upvote 0
T
Think I might have to re look into this....now I just have to go find the original link to that process

If you look through the last couple of pages of the temp root thread someone has created semi automated process for running the temp root. Also from what I've heard someone is working on an app much like visionary to make it completely automatic.

Reactions: barberboy
Upvote 0
Maaaaaaaaaan guys I already been kicking myself for this but I rebooteed and lost root Sooooooooooooooooo I thought the process to temp root it back Working EVO Shift Temp Root for 2.3.3 Newest OTA [8/04/2011] - xda-developers after I initially did the whole process would work at first I tried it out and when I got to chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/fre3vo I got a error message saying something like not an operable batch file or something so I tried going through the entire process again but only now I cant even get passed the adb shell command before I get this message 'adb' is not recognized as a internal or external command,operable program or batch file. Bummer :-/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones