• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is this a good SD card to use with the Marquee?

Not to hijack your thread, but why does my LG Marquee (Sprint) keep telling me under storage there's 14.86gb available, but when I load my camera, it says please insert SD card? I've formatted the two cards i have twice as FAT32 (one is PNY and one is SanDisk). I don't get it, but the 2gb cards I have work fine, but 2gb isn't enough!

Upvote 0
Some older cameras won't recognize 16GB cards.

Not to hijack your thread, but why does my LG Marquee (Sprint) keep telling me under storage there's 14.86gb available, but when I load my camera, it says please insert SD card? I've formatted the two cards i have twice as FAT32 (one is PNY and one is SanDisk). I don't get it, but the 2gb cards I have work fine, but 2gb isn't enough!

Upvote 0

I am having the same problem. I can't get any other size card to work in my marquee except the 2gb card that came in the phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem. I can't get any other size card to work in my marquee except the 2gb card that came in the phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, I figured it out. On an Unrooted Marquee, pull up your camera, if it says 0/0, goto Storage, Unmount and Remount your camera. If you have (not had) a 16gb micro SDHC (like me) it should then say 0/9999. Now that I've re-rooted my Marquee I haven't had this problem since!

Upvote 0
Some older cameras won't recognize 16GB cards.

I have a Toshiba PDR-3300 camera from about ten years back that won't even work with anything over 512MB (at least none that I've found).

Apparently, it isn't compliant with the original v1.0 SD card spec, which should theoretically support up to 1GB; ironic, since Toshiba was one of the three companies that originated the SD format.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones