• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is this a Tasker bug?

dsan

Mar 29, 2011
Spain
Hello,

I'm trying to set a profile in Tasker to disconnect mobile net by night:

Context: from 02.30 to 10.30

Task: mobile net - disabled
Exit task: mobile net - enabled

The problem is that Tasker doesn't deactivates the profile when it reaches the time and when it's 11.00, it still appears in green and mobile net keeps disabled.

Moreover, I have noticed that at least one of my other profiles doesn't work anymore if "mobile net" profile is activated, so I have to delete and reinstall Tasker to get it to work again.

The other profile is set to activate screen rotation only when some certain apps are launched.

Context: application-whatsupp, taskos, handcent.
Task: screen rotation enabled.

Are you using the most recent version of tasker? I have a mobile data action but not mobile net. Try removing the exit task.
Removing the exit task didn't work...

Sorry about the translation, the Tasker version I'm using is in spanish (and yes, it's updated). I'm pretty sure that the option is mobile data, as you said. In my phone it shows "red movil".

Do you think the issue is because I am using Ginger Villain rom? Should I try a different rom to avoid problems with Tasker?

Upvote 0
I use tasker on a stock rom and do not have issues. Yeah didn't think about the translation. You could change the original profile to
Context: From 02:30 to 02:30
Action: Mobile data off

and add a new profile
Context: From 10:30 to 10:30
Action: Mobile data on

Tasker would then treat each action as an instant and it should do what you need it to do

Reactions: dsan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones