1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is this fraud?

Discussion in 'Boost Mobile' started by cliqer, Sep 17, 2011.

1. cliqer

cliqer Newbie

So, I'm on Boost with the shrinkage plan @ $50 a month. No tax.
    I decided to go the auto pay with my CC.
    So far everything is good.
    Three months later I get this letter in the mail from Boost saying they are going to start charging my CC $54.75 (taxes).
    I called when I got the letter and got some airhead women whom I could not understand at all. I had to cut off the conversation with her only because I had to go to work.

Q: If I cancel the autopay and then manually pay the $50 with my CC at the end of the month, will they try to charge me then or can I get away by paying only the $50?
    I did check the Boost Re-Boost in my account settings and it says, "Next payment due, $50

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. moondrius

moondrius Android Enthusiast

Boost is contract free so they can do whatever they want.

3. cpht

cpht Member

Strict no refund policy too. If they double bill you, they just add those funds to your boost acct. I left them because of their billing habits.

4. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome

Here in Texas it's 54.06. That's tax included. I think there is a requirement about paying tax perhaps. I am not too sure. All I know is some places are charging the flat $50 but when a payment doesn't go through, They are able to deny payment. I've seen it happen and have had customers come to me to complain. Unfortunately in the tier there is Corporate > Select Retailers > Retailers > Everybody else. It's hard to really know who you are dealing with if you don't ask. I always suggest to people who come to my store to ask. I work for a Select Retailer.

5. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

If it is like Virgin Mobile, you pay the tax when you buy a Top-Up card but not when you pay your bill. If you are paying your bill directly then that is when they charge your taxes.

Try using Callingmart.com their cards are usually a little cheaper than buying directly. I pay $24.01 for my $25 monthly bill.

6. mydslaccount

mydslaccount Lurker

I have common cents now paylo it is $30 every 60 days they dont charge me taxes. I was told by a clerk that the prepay cards have the taxes built in to the price of the card IDK

7. thehandyman

thehandyman Guest

I don't use this site, but definitely buy your minutes online! I was paying $9 in taxes, but buying minutes online is tax free.

8. kolosus

kolosus Android Expert

You can try pincheap.com. The site is very un-polished but it works.