• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help is this normal for battery? also call quality

so I have only been texting while at work. maybe like 35 texts and the phone has been on for 5 hours and already has gone down 10%. seems to me my iphone didn't go down this fast. what do you guys think?

also it seems like my call quality is garbage. I can barley understand people on the phone and it seems to have a huge echo in it.

I would say 10% for 5 hours, even 5 hours of very light use, is very very good. I can't vouch for the call quality though.

From what I remember from the reviews of the G2, it gets good battery life but the battery seems to drain at more or less the same rate whether the phone is active or not.

Upvote 0
I would say 10% for 5 hours, even 5 hours of very light use, is very very good. I can't vouch for the call quality though.

From what I remember from the reviews of the G2, it gets good battery life but the battery seems to drain at more or less the same rate whether the phone is active or not.

what about the droid maxx? is it better?

Upvote 0
so I have only been texting while at work. maybe like 35 texts and the phone has been on for 5 hours and already has gone down 10%. seems to me my iphone didn't go down this fast. what do you guys think?

also it seems like my call quality is garbage. I can barley understand people on the phone and it seems to have a huge echo in it.

Doesn't sound bad at all. You say call quality is bad : do you have a strong network connection? I found the quality of the network connection has a significant impact. My battery life is much shorter at work (densely built and populated area close to a major station) than at home. At work it will finish the day with 10% whereas on weekends and holidays, it can last 2 days.

Upvote 0
My battery life is much shorter at work (densely built and populated area close to a major station) than at home. At work it will finish the day with 10% whereas on weekends and holidays, it can last 2 days.

Intereresting, I would say it should be other way round. I mean, the situation with weak signal (suburbs) drains battery more. Perhaps you have strong signal everywhere, just in your work place it is jammed by the background noise.

Upvote 0
I would agree. I guess, an experiment is in order. A few calls in the area where quality is poor, compared to a location served with a tower not so likely to be overloaded.

Is it also possible, that in a very congested area, it might be served by multiple towers, the the phone might be switching back and forth?

Upvote 0
I work in a manufacturing facility. We have our signal boosted through the plant by VZW but that is still traveling through concrete walls at almost every turn. I drive an hour to work using blutooth for the audio playing Slacker radio and do the same thing on the drive home. I also use my phone a lot at work...calls, texts, even games sometimes when there is down time. I'm always switching from nothing, to 1x, to 3g, to 4g and my battery lasts through a 9 hour day in there on top of going home and using it at home for facebook and what not. I end up with maybe 15% battery at the end of a 17+ hour day. Weekends I get MUCH better battery life, probably 2 days. I have also never run into any call quality issues. I'm thinking you my have an app draining somewhere or possibly a bad unit... hope this comparison will help you.

Upvote 0
i switched over to the droid maxx and even though its an easier and more slick phone i think im going back to my lg g2. i just loved it. my maxx went down 3% after 6 songs when i was able to listen to 2 1/2 hours of music with the g2 and it only go down 5%. When my maxx hit 40% the first night it drained to 0 in 5 minutes. Im just upset with the maxx. i just hope me going back to the lg i wont regret it in the long run and will end up getting a phone that lasts and not a crappy battery.

Upvote 0
Probably.
Discharge the thing till it shuts down or close to it (you're not supposed to do this often - they say with LiIon technology, you really shouldn't, but out of the box, I do), then I'd charge to 100% (leaving it charging when indicating 100%), and I'd go through this discharge / recharge a few cycles. Then and only then might I have confidence in the charge remaining.

Upvote 0
10 hours with 30% only gone wow that is amazing and that is only with a 3 hour charge cycle annual hour after I switched back to the g2. I can't wait too see how it is after a week

Attachments

• 1391761558108.jpg
    1391761558108.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 1391761568982.jpg
    1391761568982.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 1391761576528.jpg
    1391761576528.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 23
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones