1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Is this phone a piece of sh*t?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 3Oclockslop, May 30, 2011.

1. 3Oclockslop

3Oclockslop Member
    None

Sep 29, 2010
    Contractor
    Slippery Rock, USA
    So far I'm pretty disappointed in my dx2 I got on launch day, last thursday. Whether stock or on launcher pro...there are big lag issues opening apps. The screen within apps is very unresponsive about half the time, very frustrating. I drag to scroll...and it's either slow, jerky, or totally unresponsive. Often I touch something to open it...and it inexplicably shifts me to a different homescreen....or within an app...it sometimes does nothing without retouching. The speed is also suspect....the speedtest #'s consistently look impressive....yet things don't open/run accordingly fast. I loved my x1....and my d1 before that....so I'm kinda bummed so far. I fully expect the eventual gb update to make as big of a difference as the leak version I installed on my x1...but I'm worried they are gonna drag their asses on pushing that thru....so I have to decide in less than 10 days whether to get out of this dog (?) or not. Anyone else know what I'm talking about here? Or have any suggestions on what to trade in for....if that becomes necessary. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. square

square Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 21, 2009
    why not go back to your x1 if you're not happy?

3. rushmore

rushmore Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    Seems something else is going on or Flash was used and then stuck hanging in the background. The DX2 as a whole seems fine for UI and app response... sans the Flash and Lets Golf 2 problems..

4. i_am_booked

i_am_booked Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 26, 2010
    your having strange issues. i've had issues with mine but not hat much and i havent heard of anyone else having issues or lagging as much as yours. maybe take it back to verizon and see if they will give you a new one to try.

5. 3Oclockslop

3Oclockslop Member
    None

Sep 29, 2010
    Contractor
    Slippery Rock, USA
    I already turned it over to my 16 yo daughter who just started driving and working. Taking it back is NOT an option......lol

6. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Android Expert
    None

Dec 1, 2009
    Resource Consumer
    San Diego
    Personally, I love mine. Granted, I'm not using to type this, lol. I just am not liking Verizon much at all. Especially with this most recent advent of blocking out all current methods of tethering. That's like tearing a jet through a no fly zone to me. Don't touch something that doesn't need to be ruined.

As much as I hate going back to Sprint (the signal strength is trash in comparison), I think I'm gonna pack my stuff up and head back over before I get stuck in something I'm going to hate.

For those sticking in with Verizon, I'd say grab an X2. Can't go wrong with it.
    Just keep in mind its not LTE, and it doesn't have a front camera.

Oh yea, and it runs extremely hot. Better be prepared to deal with that.

7. i_am_booked

i_am_booked Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 26, 2010
    when i bought my x2 verizon told me that tethering was included, wifi and usb, AND IT IS. i love it and use it often. of course i have unlimited data as well.

8. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Android Expert
    None

Dec 1, 2009
    Resource Consumer
    San Diego
    Might wanna retest that theory booked. My stuff doesn't work unless I use a tethering app. If you connect to the phone through windows, it'll say additional information required, then it'll redirect you to big reds site suggesting you pay an extra $30 a month to tether. No thanks.

9. armoredsaint

armoredsaint Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    Ohio