1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is this phone gone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by V-H2K, Apr 10, 2012.

1. V-H2K

V-H2K Newbie

Hi!

My GF's Desire (previously my Desire), just suddenly stopped working...
    If I turn it on, the white screen with the HTC-logo just "freezes", and the phone doesn't start... I have left it for at least 10-15 minutes, and still only the white screen... :thinking:

The phone is rooted, at least as far as I could tell (Just followed the steps in one of the guides on this forum), and the superuser icon is in the appdrawer.

I did a factory reset before I gave the phone to the GF, but the superuser icon was still there, and I think I remember reading somewhere that factory-resetting the phone doesn't un-root?

If I hold vol.down+power i get this:

BRAVO PVT1 SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-0.93.0001
    MICROP-031d
    TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
    RADIO-5.11.05.27
    Aug 10 2010,17:52:18

HBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
    <VOL DOWN> to next item
    <POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
    RECOVERY
    CLEAR STORAGE
    SIMLOCK

My question is this: Can I still save the phone by installing a custom ROM, or something like that? Been trying to read a lot of threads/posts here, but I haven't really found someone writing about a similar problem... :(

I have done the clear storage, just in case there was a problem with low memory on the phone, but it still wont start.. There is nothing of real value on the phone itself, so if a fix includes a full reset/wipe it doesn't matter... I have taken out the memorycard and backed up everything to the computer, just in case...

Thanks for any help :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Yeah flashing a rom may help. Stock sense I presume would be what you want?

3. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Android Expert

Could do yeah, power on while holding down, does it show your recovery? Actually, what recovery did you put on?

4. V-H2K

V-H2K Newbie

Well, not necesseraly, but something user-friendly, yeah:) (i have been looking into your rom, SUroot, but i haven't done anything about it, since it doesn't seem like the most user-friendly installation prosess:p Not that I'm a complete n3wb, but I'm not an advanced user either... :rolleyes:)

That's just it, I can't for the life of me remember if I did something like that... :rolleyes: If i press the recovery option i HBOOT, the phone just tries to start it self as usual, and freezes up at the white HTC screen... It's quite some time ago since I rooted the phone (a year or so), but I followed one of the guides here on the forum... Can I install a recovery as the phone is now, or do I need to access Android for this?:rolleyes:

5. SUroot

Sounds like recovery is gone too then. It may have an underlying HW fault. When did you get it? may be under warranty still.

6. V-H2K

V-H2K Newbie

Ok, so if the phone is rooted, it -HAS- to have a recovery? i.e. it comes with the rooting? And by pressing the recovery option in HBOOT, I should be taken to another screen with info about this recovery?

Am I understanding correctly?:)

I think it should be under warranty still, and the GF sent a mail to the operator I bought it from, and they said to do a "hard reset", which I guess must be the same as a factory reset, which is kinda hard to do when the phone wont start.... :rolleyes:

7. SUroot

Factory reset is clear storage on hboot

8. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Android Expert

That.

=)
    Not like his word needed reinforcing but still...

9. V-H2K

V-H2K Newbie

Yeah, I found out the same ass well ;) ...but it didn't resolve the problem:mad:

Thanks for your thoughts... looks like I'll have to send the phone to the store if I want it to work again then... :mad:

Guess I might as well... Not a bad backup-phone :)

10. SUroot

You should try the RUU method first. This would normally unroot the phone.

You cab downloadthe upgrade 2.3.3 ruu from HTCden.com and run the .exe when connected in fastboot mode

V-H2K likes this.
  11. V-H2K

V-H2K Newbie

Thanks! I might try that then.. Could you perhaps give me a link? HTCden.com doesn't work for me... :rolleyes:

12. Flumme

Flumme Android Enthusiast

Htcdev.com

SUroot and V-H2K like this.
  13. V-H2K

V-H2K Newbie

Thank you :)

14. SUroot

Sorry typo

15. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Android Expert

Noob ;-)

16. SUroot

17. V-H2K

V-H2K Newbie

Sorry for being slow or something, but I don't really know what to download... Is it the section "File Search Kernel Source Code, Binaries and Updates for HTC Android Phones" I should look into? My carrier doesn't show up in the list, and what am I supposed to download? Kernel Source code, or something else? :rolleyes:

And run .exe in fastboot means run it when connected to my PC, right?:eek:

18. SUroot

Thats cause you didnt look at it the day I gave you the link. They changed it all now. It appears to be gone

Shipped ROMs

V-H2K likes this.
  19. V-H2K

V-H2K Newbie

Oh well... My GF sent the phone back today without me knowing, so I guess I'll have to see if this works if it stops working another time... :p But thanks anyway for the input :)

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews