1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Is this possible?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eghill1125, Apr 7, 2010.

1. eghill1125

eghill1125 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 2, 2010
    Is there a way to have programs like Handcent and your Gmail not show up on the top notification status bar, but still send a sound when receiving?

I have custom notification sounds for all my contacts and email clients, but do not care for them filling up the status bar also. If I take away the status bar notifications in settings for Handcent and such, then my sounds also get taken away.

Basically, I do not care to have anything show up in the status bar and other than possibly PandaHome and hiding of the status bar, I have not seen a way to do this.

Does that make any sense what I am asking. I know what I am asking and I am not even sure that makes sense to me.. :eek:

Advertisement

2. Caddyman

Caddyman Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Mechanical Piping Designer
    Delaware
    it makes sense and is only possible if the apps has that option

some apps have a separate notif bar (visual) notification and sound/vib settings. if it does that yes you can do it, if it doesn't you are stuck with the visual notifications.

3. eghill1125

eghill1125 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 2, 2010
    Thanks Caddy...

That is what I figured too. It looks like Handcent is not possible to do this since it looks like the Notification settings are all in one on it..

4. MongolStomp

MongolStomp Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 3, 2010
    Buffalo, NY
    I thought when I had ChompSMS for a hot minute the sound/vibe and visual notifications were seperate. I could be wrong though......