1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Is this really an unlocked, GSM phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Catastrophe123, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Catastrophe123

None

Jun 8, 2016
    Female
    #1. Could you post your Model number and Android version...

Model #: SM-G900V
    Android Version: 5.0

#2. Your current Firmware, (not just Baseband), version .

Using Phone Info, call can't be connected when trying to dial the code.

Bootloader Version: G900VVRU2BOK3
    PDA Version: G900VVRU2BOK3
    CSC Version: G900VVZW2BOK3
    Baseband Version: G900VVRU2BOK3

#3. Also helpful would be your carrier, (service provider), location, (UK, India, Russia, USA, etc: ), and if your phone is rooted or not and running a custom ROM, (give details).

USA, not rooted, my carrier is T-mobile, this phone is not currently connected to a network, that's my problem

Bought this phone off eBay from this ad (Hopefully I can do links on first post, if not, the auction number is 272230884288) Says it is unlocked and will work on Verizon, T-mobile, and AT&T.

My T-mobile S5 "died" 5 days after my warranty ran out. (It has power, but the screen never comes on.)

When I put the SIM card in this new phone, it tells me that it isn't a Verizon SIM card.

What does that mean exactly? (I KNOW it's a T-mobile SIM) Does it mean this phone isn't unlocked? Or that it isn't compatible with a GSM network? Can I bypass it?

Thanks for any advice, I'm not the most phone savvy person on the planet.

Advertisement

2. ironass

ironass Android Expert

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the tax man.
    Cotswolds, England
    You have the Verizon carrier model for their own CDMA network and it will only be partially compatible with the T-Mobile (USA) GSM network.

For more details see...

#1.6 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

CDMA vs. GSM: What's the Difference?

The Verizon phone will be fully compatible on 2G. Will only work on T-Mobile's 3G on 1900 MHz and 4G on Band 4 -AWS.

lunatic59 likes this.
  3. Catastrophe123

None

Jun 8, 2016
    Female
    Thanks ironass. Most of that is over my head, but it's enough to let me know I don't want to deal with it. Going to send the S5 back, ran to T-mobile and bought a cheap LG smartphone. I only need it for 2 more months and then he will have to use a company cell phone anyway. I appreciate the help!

Samsung Galaxy S5

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was announced in 2014 and was the company's first flagship of the year. The device featured a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and a 16MP primary rear camera.