1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is this something to worry about?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Travenport, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Travenport

Travenport Newbie

This is the first time I have ever a rooted a phone so I am unsure whether this is something to worry about or not.

I rooted my Epic using the latest clockwork 3.0.2.5 then I flashed with syndicateROM frozen 1.1.1.

Everything seemed to have gone smoothly, but after reading around people have been posting that my about phone should look like this:

Kernel : 2.6.32.9
    Build Number: Twilight Zone v1.1.1RC2- Hajime-Taisho

Instead mine looks like this:
    Kernel : 2.6.32.9
    Build Number: Twilight Zone v1.1.1 - Hajime-Taisho

I dont know if its a big deal or not but the "RC2" is missing in my build number. Can anyone shed some light on this? Should I reinstall?

Thanks in advance.

2. ZiggSVO

ZiggSVO Well-Known Member

If its running smoothly I wouldnt worry about it :)
    Did you get the version where you had to flash the kernel right after the ROM? or the packaged deal?

3. Travenport

Travenport Newbie

Thanks for the quick response. I got the package deal that came with launcher pro, the keyboard fix, and some other stuff.

Just out of curiosity. If i wanted to reflash the same ROM just to have peace of mind, is there anything extra I need to do or can I just run through the same process I did to flash it the first time?

4. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

same process, but no needs to sweat it, rcs are a fixer upper. just to put out.. dont worry you arent missing much.. altho if you want true goodness you should upgrade to 1.1.1 ;)

just sayin

5. Travenport

Travenport Newbie

Anyone know what couldve caused this? Seems a bit weird to me lol.

6. Shabbypenguin

yea the kernel gets updates. when it is it gets pushed into the rom.. like i said upgrade to 1.1.1 and it wont be a problem...

7. ZiggSVO

he's on srf 1.1.1

8. Shabbypenguin

ah need my eyes checked :O sry bout that

9. ZiggSVO

Its okay happens to the best of us :p

reflash the rom and see if that works. :p

10. Travenport

Travenport Newbie

reflashed and it still came out the same way. Could possibly be the download so ill try a different file and post back my results.

Samsung Epic 4G Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G release date was September 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

September 2010
Release Date
Reviews