1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

is this stable?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cammykool, Dec 22, 2011.

1. cammykool

cammykool Android Expert

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

No idea. But the version of BACKside that I'm currently running is the same as the image on About Phone in that thread over there, 2.3.7.

Is ICS not 4.0?

3. cammykool

cammykool Android Expert

want me to give it a go and post back?

4. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

If you like. But I think it's a modified version of BACKside with an ICS theme built in. I'm sure it's an awesome rom though!

5. cammykool

cammykool Android Expert

apperentilly at one point it was then he merged off

6. weddle

weddle Android Enthusiast

I've been using it for less than a day, haven't really had time to play around with it because of work and tiredness and such but it hasn't force closed or anything. The theme you apparently have to apply via theme Chooser and then run the magic lock app to get the lockscreen (which plays Xmas music when sliding to unlock if you enable lockscreen sounds lol) like I said I haven't messed around much but my first impression is its kinda confusing to set up but it looks really cool once you get it.

7. brotherswing

brotherswing Android Expert

I played with it for about two hours. Slower than BACKside, and crappy battery life. Just my observations.

KOAM and Petrah like this.
  8. cammykool

cammykool Android Expert

I love backside. Just wanna explore my options

9. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

I used this for about a day, was buggy and had tons of FCs on everything. Kept having the onscreen buttons vanish or get stuck and then the physical buttons wouldn't respond. Went back to BACKside and haven't tried again since.

10. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

I agree with MacFett. I gave it a Chance, but it drove me to wipe it clean.

11. brotherswing

Well then, the answer seems to be no.

12. cammykool

cammykool Android Expert

Someone should do a warning post on it

13. AndyOpie150

The problem is that it works for some, but not for others. I was one of those it didn't work for.
    It might work for you. You won't know unless you try it.

14. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

Actually, that's not a good idea. It never is unless the dev is ripping people off or their software is dangerous to phones. This is certainly not the case with this rom.

15. yogi-4

yogi-4 Android Enthusiast

That is true. Every V is NOT equal. I could never get stable overclocking over 768 whereas others are stable at 806 (or higher).

16. JerryScript

JerryScript Android Expert

The warnings are posted in most dev threads somewhere near the top of the post.

Remember, we are not professional phone os developers. We do this for various reasons in our spare time. Therefor, you should assume every custom ROM comes with a general warning that you may brick your phone.

Petrah likes this.
  17. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

You guys may not be professionals, but you are damn sure appreciated for the hard work you do so that we can "Tim Taylor" our phones! ;)

Edit... ohhhh that would be a kickbutt sound file to play on bootup. Tim Taylors little grunt he does rofl.

AndyOpie150 likes this.
  18. cammykool

cammykool Android Expert

XDDDDDD that would be hilarious

19. AndyOpie150

^ Huuuuoogh.

20. cammykool

cammykool Android Expert

21. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar

Lmao! Sounded it out a couple times to get it.

I was just explaining the differences in the phone to my friend when we were comparing our phones and how I rooted mine and he was wandering why they would have the cpu so low when I could run stable up to 844 and I explained each one isn't equal to the other so they had to find a stable point they would all have.

22. brotherswing

I'm kinda a wiz with audio editing, if there's interest I could make some sound themes out of his grunts....
    Mine is currently the Minions from Despicable Me.

weddle and Petrah like this.
  23. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

Augh augh augh....
    ( Grunt Sound Clip and Quote )

24. weddle

weddle Android Enthusiast

Oooo care to share? :) lol

25. brotherswing

The minions? Sure, I'll put my favorite clips on my mediafire page after the dust settles from Christmas. Look for the link.

Edit:: Here you go! I just linked the folder itself, these are the sounds I use most often, plus a selection of requested grunts.

Warning! I have a 30% hearing loss (machine guns in the Army, lead guitarist in a bar band before that) so my ringtones tend to be really loud. They have to be, I miss way to many call if they aren't!

weddle, Petrah and nitestalkr like this.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews