1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is this still too new?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alfick3, Dec 2, 2013.

1. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

This has been available for a few days now. Has anyone gotten it and how is it? I think I remember someone in the UK saying they had it; how 'bout here in the US of A? What providers are you using?

I'm really interested in getting it, and will probably buy in February or March after I get my tax refund. I plan on using it on MetroPCS. I'd like to hear all about it;a review so to speak.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. saptech

saptech Android Expert

Motorola website show if pre-order it will ship Dec. 2nd. So I assume it will ship once ordered. I plan on ordering one this Friday, so I should know how long it takes to receive it. I'm looking at going with T-mobile. I've already got a free prepaid Sim card on order.

Thnx.

3. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

I ask 'cause I kind of thought that there'd be more talk on this phone.

4. saptech

saptech Android Expert

I guess it is too new and the US people don't have it yet. I guess people who live in other countries aren't buying it yet either. I think I seen some people on G+ who bought it and said they really like it. I thought it would have more people here talking about it also.

5. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

I ordered one for my wife. Was told it was on pre-order for 9 December.

Will root once it arrives but probably won't ROM unless she learns.

alfick3 likes this.
  6. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Is there a recovery for it yet? I haven't seen anything over here yet, about a recovery.

7. saptech

saptech Android Expert

alfick3 likes this.
  8. saptech

saptech Android Expert

I put in an order this past Friday and today I see Motorola is holding $1.10. I guess this means they will take the full amount from my card once they ship the G. I hope it will ship today and I get it by Wed.

Just a thought!

9. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

If they are doing FIFO it won't ship today. My receipt from 28 November says it will ship this week. Still no notification that it shipped today.

10. saptech

saptech Android Expert

Have they taken the full amount from your card? I was going on they didn't have any to ship until today. I've also read with some phone companies, they may ship without sending a noticed! I hope this be the case.

11. saptech

saptech Android Expert

On Motorola's website, they have an update on shipping because of the weather:
    I guess I didn't think about the bad weather across the country, daggit!

alfick3 likes this.
  12. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

No it is still pending. And still showing as unshipped.

13. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

Just got this email.

14. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

I can attest to the ice storms in the DFW area last week.

15. saptech

saptech Android Expert

I just received the email too and it said the same thing. Looking at my bank statement, It do show the $1.10 but the full amount is not showing in my account. I'll check it in the morning to see if it's still withdrawn.

Things are starting to pick up I hope! :smokingsomb:

16. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Amazon is still saying I should receive mine tomorrow. :)

alfick3 likes this.
  17. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

Got my shipping notice yesterday. Should be here tomorrow if the weather plays nice.

18. saptech

saptech Android Expert

I got my phone Friday and the website was still showing Not Shipped! :)

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) release date is unknown..Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown.
Release Date
Reviews