• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is this the best phone that you owned?

prepaid: either this for the evo design they are very similiar to each other i love both of them
postpaid:no the galaxy s3 <3 :D

The Design has a smaller screen and only has a single core. As for postpaid I've used both the S3 and the One X and much prefer the HTC offering. The S3's build quality at this price point definitely feels lacking to me.

Upvote 0
As far as technical specs, this is the best phone I've ever owned. Subjectively, it is not. The HTC HD2 was a great phone (especially once Android was ported to it,) and when I got it on launch day it was better than other phones on the market (first US phone with a Snapdragon processor.) The G1 was also a great phone, and revolutionary for its time (first Android phone ever.) I still miss the keyboard on the G1... :(

Upvote 0
As a phone to make calls and text anyplace I am, my tracfone prepaid phones where all better. And had much better battery life.

As a PDA, portable computer, smart phone ; the 3VO is far better than anything else that I have carried. Even better with all the cheap after market options : extended battery, tpu case, cradle, HDMI cable, BT accessories.

Upvote 0
Don't think it's a fair question. Any "flagship" phone of this year should be better than the flagship phone of yesterday. To me, this phone actually ranks at the bottom. Spec wise it is the best I've ever used. However, if it can't get phone/text correct, it goes to the bottom. It may be harsh, but if it has dual core, the memory and all the goodies, then it better get the most basic functions right.

Upvote 0
Post Triumph user here, the evo v is way better. The Triumph in my case had the worst gps hiccup ever, I knew it wasn't the network, but It would take about 10 minutes for the gps to work. That's why I hated that phone. But this new one still has a few flaws but overall on prepaid it's ******* good. With leslie ann's guide, it's actually like an evo 3d now. I actually love the 3d on this phone, I love taking 3d pics and videos but the video and just regular picture quality is subpar for 5mp. But now I'm just hoping if it's going to get jelly bean or if that's something that's already happening in front of my eyes or if it's still not going to happen right now.

Upvote 0
First smartphone I had was the Palm Pre. Lovely phone...Web OS is brilliant. That was the best phone I had ever owned. It took a spill off of my couch once though, and shattered. Then I started using Android, and began working in the connections business, specifically dealing with phones. Android has never been able to make me feel like I'm using a premium phone. It's like a Toyota. Lots of development for it, but flimsy...and doesn't run well. Getting tired of it's cheapy feel. The ROM development is the only thing that keeps me on it...but that only goes so far before cameras and major features start to break.

I'll probably be switching to WP8 in November post-paid for the Lumia 920. *That* will be my most premium phone, for me. :)

Upvote 0
Yes, I can say this is the best phone overall.

I had the the Optimus V and the Triumph, the OV was just a gateway into how awesome the android OS is. The Triumph was good after some heavy modification. But the EVO, really blows them out of the water; dual core and reasonably fast 4g make this the best phone I have ever owned. Even if it does have some annoying quirks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones